"bad news"

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

Chapter 30: bad news

After saving Tommy, Ana couldn't remember what happened. All she could see before she collapsed were blotches of black spots in her vision.

So, when she woke up tucked in her bed, she didn't expect to see her brother sleeping on the chair next to her bed.

She had to blink a few times to make sure she wasn't in a sleeping state and wasn't dreaming of some sorts.

When the princess realized she wasn't dreaming and was in fact real that her brother was there, she sat up way too quickly for her body to get used to the awaken state.

She groaned and placed a hand on her head before closing her eyes again. The sound effectively woke George up.

"Ana..." he whispered as he moved from the chair and on the bed. "George." She said before opening her eyes again.

The young king smiled at his sister, "Hey." He joked. She rolled her eyes and pushed him to the floor. The impact of his butt and the wooden floor was enough to make him groan.

"Ow." The king said making her scoff, "After everything the only thing you have to say is hey?" she asked rhetorically.

George shrugged and she huffed, crossing her arms and pouting. The young king chuckled and sat back down but now beside her.

The siblings sitting next to each other as they leaned on the headboard of the bed. Silence engulfed them until Ana intertwined their fingers together.

"I didn't even notice you were gone..." she admitted regretfully as she hung her head low. George hummed and squeezed her hand, "It's okay-" It isn't! I'm your sister. It was always me and you. And I didn't even ask for you."

George smiled at her, "You saved the castle. Kristen and Tommy." He reminded her. "But-" "I'm here now." He said with a sigh.

Ana nodded as they sat there in silence again. It was comfortable but George knew that his sister's curiosity will ruin it.

"Who helped you escape?" she asked quietly. And there it was, a series of flashbacks showed up in his head. Ana could feel the shift in her brother's emotion.

"Dream." He simply said. Ana hummed and nodded, making a mental note to thank her best friend. "Good. He is the knight general for a reason." She joked.

But George didn't laugh. This made her frown. "George..." she whispered. He hummed and gripped her hand tighter, "Something happened didn't it?" Without saying anything, Ana knew it was something bad.

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

Despite the constant begging of Alyssa and Tina for Ana to stay in bed, the princess just felt as though she had to get out.

Maybe it was just her or maybe it was her healing magic. She felt like someone needed it.

And without doubt, she rushed to the infirmary to see the dreadful sight that broke her heart.

"Ana-" "What the hell happened?" She cut Bad off. The healer looked behind him making her turn. There behind her stood George with Dream protectively behind him.

"George-" "It was an accident." Ana didn't get to say anything because Bad caught her attention, "It's happening again..."

All of them turned to Wilbur who was laying on one of the white beds of the infirmary.

His arms were covered with the desiccation caused by George's magic. It was now growing into his shoulders and Ana gulped.

"I'll heal him-" "Ana. You just healed Tommy. You need rest." Bad warned her. But she shook her head, "Wilbur needs me and I don't want to lose him like this."