The Story of the Grand Overseer. PT 1

[26 Cannot be overpowered by my likes.]

[The will of his last wish, to expose the Grand Overseer for what he is, has been granted.]

[The last of his will has faltered. With that, he has got his wish, along with one other.]

[To get rid of the surrounding mask of the Grand Overseer's Agents.]

[Fin27 and Seeker22. The 27th and 22nd AIs of the Grand Overseer's creation.]

[And the living.]

[Guest_1337, you devoted yourself to helping the Grand Overseer by vowing to be a Guardian of the Files. Others were asked the same question by Fin27 and Seeker22, but they denied.]

[You are not the first, nor the last Guardian, Guest.]

[Others are waiting for you.]

-Narrator14, 14th of the Grand Overseer's creation

It begins in a starry night. Two lovers are underneath the stars. They are aware of the apocalypse, and have weapons, yet now is not that time. Both were normal. They did not have powers, or incredibly powerful AIs, or anything out of the ordinary. They did not hear anything but the crickets and gentle breathing of the other.

One had a hat that resembled a Solar Eclipse. A large, moon-like shape surrounding a smaller, sun-like shape.

They were much different. One was shy and introverted. The other outgoing and excited.

And yet, love never failed the two males under the starlight.

Some time had passed, and one had finally gotten the courage to speak. 
His voice lowered to a whisper in the cold.

"i.. i love you so much.. but.. it's just that i'm afraid of what might happ-"

The other knew what was about to happen. He had been through this multiple times before. A spill of emotions. They'd known each other for so long, he had seen this happen multiple times.

He quickly pulled him close.

"No, no, Rav.. It's fine.. We can relax here for as long as we want."
He reassured his trembling companion with a small kiss.

They lay there, hand in hand, with Rav's cloak draped over them both. They felt at peace as sleep and fatigue took over.

...

A few hours had passed. Rav had woken up, but stayed where he was. The clouds in the sky suggested rain, but it was still probably early in the morning. Then he noticed it.

In the bushes, a small pair of purple eyes watched. Rav rolled over, and shook his companion.

"..net? i think there's something in the bushes."

Net slowly raised his head.

CRRKKK.

Thunder. Rain was coming, and it was bringing lightning with it. A few small droplets splashed onto Rav and Net's faces.

Rav and Net both got up, still half-asleep.

"Hm.. might be a cat."

Net slowly approached the eyes in the bushes. And as that, a figure sprung out of the bushes and slashed Net across the face.

A Fallen Knight.

"Stay out of our territory, human. We have no spot for you here." It hissed.

Net spun around and signaled Rav to start running.

"Didn't want to be in your territory to begin with."

The rain began to pour down, washing Net's open wound just for blood to pour down it again.

Yet Rav stood in place, frozen. Something had petrified his will to move.

"RUN!"

Rav snapped back to reality. He quickly grabbed the dagger out of his pocket and advanced on the Fallen Knight.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

The Fallen Knight, frozen by the sudden change in character from Rav, stood still.
And that gave Rav enough time to sink his dagger into its eye.

Rav had heard Fallens die before, but none so violent and shaking as this one. It let out a bloodcurdling shriek, followed by the most horrendous mechanical sobbing Rav had ever heard. Before the apocalypse, Rav had been a computer engineer, he was used to mechanical gibberish.
But this.. this made both Rav and Net cover their ears.

The Fallen Knight fell to the ground and tore the dagger out of its eye. Streams of purple blood rained from its face.

"you.. others will.. -cough- others will come.. we will not rest until you are dead on the ground, Nectrid Ovrsin."

Net stiffened at the saying of his full name.

"Net, what's happening?"

Net said nothing.

"Net, tell me."

The Fallen Knight let out a wheeze.

"heh.. mother.. father.. you're waiting...
right?"

The Fallen Knight fell over and turned to dust.

Net turned his head towards Rav.

"We.. We should go. Now."

Net started to walk, but Rav grabbed him by his arm and looked him in the eye.

"We're not going anywhere until you tell me what's going on."

Net let out a sigh.

"I knew you would always be this stubborn, love."

Net opened his mouth to say more.

Until a blade caught his throat.

{Fin27 has entered.}

/Gravir, you fucking fool!/

/I knew you would do this!/

/Wills../

/..shit./

/i've.. i've.. failed..? wait../

/no.. no... NO! I CAN'T FAIL THIS!/

/LEAVE!/

/.../

/please./

{Fin27 has left.}