Bound Souls

Stringer dodged another attempted punch from Rav. In Rav's room, Stringer had aggravated Rav to the point of physical conflict. With a chuckle, Stringer appeared in front of Rav and raised his head.

"Oh, Raven Wryk. It's so cute how you try and hurt me. Any wounds you inflict on me will be projected onto you as well! Don't you know that already? I thought you'd know better after two years with me. I'm bound with your soul! I, and the parasite that gives me form is the shield of your body. Just imagine how powerless you'd be without me. The Universes would crumble! The Overseers would fight amongst themselves until they find someone to bow to! And what of this little home of yours? Along with everyone you spend time with here."

Rav took a breath.

"I don't want power. I want to be at peace in this hellish being! Every single day since you, the virus that destroys living things, infected- no, possessed my body, has been nothing but pain. You taunt me with non-achievable pasts and futures. You do not want the multiverse to be stable. You want it destroyed. Even if I get wounded, or even die after getting rid of you, I am doing this multiverse a FAVOR!"

Rav ran towards Stringer, and conjured his blade. Although Stringer teleported, Rav predicted where he would be. Bringing his sword upwards, he slashed Stringer upside the head.

Rav felt it almost instantly. Searing pain around his eye (or where his eye would be) area. He could see Stringer clutch the open wound on his own face, before struggling to fade back to matter. Rav's vision became blurry as he landed down on one knee. While he was trying to use his blade to steady himself, he heard a hiss in his ear. 

"You are a fool to do that. You just cut a quarter of the bond. You will regret it sooner or later."

Before his vision faded to black, he felt intense heat and something partly coming off his face.

***

Waking up, Rav rubbed his blinder, until he got to the left side of it. As soon as he touched the left side, he cringed and removed his hand as it hurt to touch it. Not knowing why, he created a small mirror and hung it on his wall to see his face.
He nearly moved backward and fell over.

The left side of his blinder had melted, with his left eye being visible again after two years with the parasite. Rav remembered Stringer's words. 'You just cut a quarter of the bond.' 
However, it did not come without its grisly features. Some of the skin surrounding his eye had been removed and replaced with deep scars. Other parts, as it looked like, was if someone had stabbed a knife through parts of his skin and left them to bleed. The pupil of his eye was discolored and- looked like it was melting. But Rav could still see fine. It only looked like that after the years of abuse Stringer and the Parasite put him through.

"I need to clear my head."

***

There were thousands, maybe even millions of doors in the Seer's Hub. Every one led to their respective universe. But Rav went to the very last one. The one who's door was covered in chains and locks. Rav sliced all them off. He opened the door, and entered it.

Universe 1. 

His Universe.

{NEXT FILE: 162851.F}
{OTHERWISE KNOWN AS (Old Friends)}