Tick Tock

I'm thinking on unpublishing this book because the comments said that it's supposed to be five instead of four. But I don't know if I can do that because I'm afraid that It'll get rid of my work or save it. Anyway, letting me to know fix something and I'll do it. Enjoy the chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ninja watch as Zane breaks his breath-holding record.

Kai: Ten minutes! He just broke his own record. The guy's inhuman!

Zane is shown on the ocean floor. He pets a fish before resurfacing. The ninja cheer for him.

Cole: Amazing!

Jay: We're not worthy.

Zane: (Reaching for Lucy's hand) I broke the record?

Lucy: (Pulling him up onto the bounty) You destroyed it!

Jay: Okay, okay. Is anyone thinking what I'm thinking? We've been training for so long, I don't think we can get any better. Just think about all we've accomplished.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A flashback ensues showing Kai running across several hot coals, then transitions to Jay spinning on a metal rod on one hand during a Lightning storm and shows Cole attempting to lift a barbell only to add on more weights before lifting it. It's also shown to have Nya on one end and Lucy on the other each and finally, Lucy is now able to single handedly beat all four of the boys in hand to hand combat before returning to the present.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zane: The question should be raised. Perhaps we have reached our full potential? (They head inside the Destiny's Bounty to find Wu.) Well, every morning I do five hundred push-ups.

Kai: Five hundred? Ha, try a thousand.

Jay: Hahaha, I do a thousand and one.

Cole: What is this, amateur hour? Sounds like my warm-up. Sensei, what does True Potential look like if—

They see Master Wu putting away a katana.

Lucy: Our apologies, Sensei. We've interrupted you.

Wu: (Sighs) I'm sorry if I've been distant lately. My mind has been elsewhere since Lloyd has gone missing. What can I help you with?

Cole: Sensei, what if we've done enough training? What if we've reached our True Potential? What if we're ready?

Wu: Hm. You might have reached peak physical condition, but you've yet to reach your inner potential. In each and every one of us, there are obstacles that hold us back. Only when you conquer that fear will your heart be free. Only then will you reach your True Potential. Only then will we have a fighting chance to stop the Serpentine from releasing the Great Devourer.

Zane: There's more to the Great Devourer than you've led on, isn't there, Sensei?

Wu: I too have obstacles within my own heart. There's a story I've never told you.

~A flashback begins.

Long ago, when I was a young boy, Garmadon and I were more than brothers. We were the best of friends.

~Flashback is interrupted~

Jay: Wait a minute. Now, I know you two were brothers, but really? The King of Cruelty, the Doer of Destruction, the Captain of Chaos, and you two were friends?

Wu: Please, no interruptions.

~Flashback resumes~

You see, he did not always have a wicked heart. One day, I lost this very katana. Knowing our father would be mad, my brother told me to go retrieve it. But I refused. He told me not to put off what can be done today and went to get it himself. When my father found him, he was very ill, for he was bitten by a legendary snake that would grow forever as long as it consumes. A great evil had found its way into my brother's heart, for the snake's venom could turn the purest of things wicked.