Once Bitten, Twice Shy

I know I have a sore throat, but that didn't stop me from updating this book. I'm doing this for you guys because you are so patient and supportive and I appreciate it. Anyway, enjoy the chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nya takes the covers off of a skeleton.

Nya: Some villagers unearthed the remains of this Fangpyre a few miles away. It predates the Golden Age, and must be hundreds of years old.

Lucy: Although the venom in the fangs of the Fangpyre genetically mutate human cells into reptilian, we've learned there could be a way to stop the effects without having to create an antivenom.

Zane is shown taking notes while Kai is bored. Cole is drawing a picture of Lucy in a her ninja outfit with hearts around her with a dreamy look while Jay, sporting a new hairstyle, stares at Nya with an infatuated expression on his face.

Nya: If one is able to wildly raise their heart rate, hypothetically it could reverse the venom's effects. (Her cheeks turn pink.) Resulting in...diminished, uh, excuse me, is someone wearing perfume? I'm severely allergic to perfume.

Jay: Heh. (Whispers to Kai) You told me it was men's cologne.

Kai: Meh, I get them mixed up.

Everyone but Jay and Nya laughs. Lucy giggles while Zane turns his humor switch off.

Cole: Ah, looks like class is over. Time to start stomping some Serpentine before they find any Fangblades.

Kai: Sounds like a plan.

Zane: I'm excited to join.

Lucy: (Walking out to the bridge) Come on Nya, let's see if we can help you out a little.

Nya began to follow her until Jay, who waits for them to leave, spoke up.

Jay: Uh, hey uh, Nya, I'm sorry. The reason I was—you know—I went to Kai because—look. What I'm trying to say is—

Nya: I know. It's just a cruel joke. I should be fine. Please, go fight snakes.

Jay: No, no, no, no. I was trying to impress you. Before Sensei left, he said our heart was the key to unlocking our True Potential.

Nya: Impress me? But I look so...

Jay: Fantastic. (Nya begins playing with her hair.) Look, maybe, if you'll let me, I can take you to some big fancy restaurant. You don't have to, if you don't want to...

Nya: You mean like a date?

Jay: Um, yeah?

Nya: Sure! I'd love to. But I have to go now before the perfume toxins enter my bloodstream and I go into shock. See you tonight. (She leaves.)

Jay: Yes! (Laughs, and accidentally pricks himself on the skeleton.) Ow! Aah! Man.

He leaves unaware of a trickle of venom dripping from the skeleton.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the Mountain of Madness, Wu confronts Garmadon.

Garmadon: Hello, brother. What took you so long? You brought the katana from our youth. Funny, you never had the courage to cross the temple wall, yet now you have the courage to come here.

Wu: Why have you come to this place of darkness?

Garmadon: A place as wicked as me? Don't you see? Here I feel at home. In Ninjago, I was physically unable to hold all five Spinjitzu Weapons. But here, dark magic has made me stronger and what was once impossible is now possible. (He reveals he now has four arms.)