When we were younger

The main hall was now bursting with colour and light. I heard Claire say something but I couldn't even make it out because of the loud music playing in the background. "Do you see anyone we know?" Claire said louder this time

Theoretically is should be easier to find my siblings since they're really tall. I searched for any tall heads in the crowd. "Look there's Greyson and Axel" I yelled pointing in their direction.

A crowd of girls were bunched around them though so I didn't intend to go there. "They look kinda busy, lets just dance" I call out to them

"I'm gonna go find some of my friends, I'll see you soon then?" She begins to walk away "Make sure you stay out of trouble" she yells out to us and disappears into the crowd.

"Come on this is great music" Maya and Daisy pull me to the dance floor and soon enough we all got lost in the music.

Tyler POV:

Honestly I regret coming here already, Andrew and Elliot dragged me here. I've never really enjoyed parties, probably because I was never allowed to go.

"Hey Tyler! Come dance!" Charlotte called to me

I roll my eyes and turn back to Andrew. Elliot was already dancing with some random girls somewhere.

"Yeah Tyler go dance" Andrew chuckles but i ignore him.

Charlotte then comes over to me, followed by around three other girls behind her. "Fucking hell" I say under my breath.

"Just one dance with all of us, pleaasseeeee?"

"I don't do dances"

"Fine then, but there's a table next to the dance floor"

I already know what her question is going to be so I just stroll off to the table with them following closely behind.

This was gonna be a long night.

____________

We sat at the table for a few minutes just talking, Charlotte talking around ninety percent of the time. The other ten prevent being when she was dancing.

"Hey I'm Lacey" a girl with dyed blonde hair shows up at our table, she looked much older.

"Oh hey Lana" I say back

"It's Lacey" she says, I could here the anger in her tone building up

"Ok Lucy" I turn back to Andrew who was holding in a laugh

I look to the girl who looked like she was about to throw a tantrum "Sorry I mean, um...ugh" I think for a moment. What was her name again?

"Let's just stick with L" I smile and she gives me a loud scoff then walks away "asshole".

Andrew finally bursts into laughter "Man you're really bad with names"

"Maybe you should work on that" he chuckles

"And maybe Lauren should approach guys that are actually her age" I roll my eyes.

I really did try my best to stop thinking about what happened in class today, what happened with Rose. What was wrong with her?
This party, I mainly only agreed to it so I could forget. Clearly it's not working. I couldn't get her silent shrieks of pain out of my head, the way she tried to keep it together when there was clearly something wrong.

I hated the sight of it.

What am I even saying? I shouldn't be thinking about this. I promised myself I wouldn't.

But just as I was about to get lost in conversation with Andrew, I saw her. She looked effortlessly beautiful dancing, the curls in her long brown hair bouncing as she moved to the beat.