The look in her eyes

"Are you sure you're ok?" Daisy asks me again

I turn away from her and lay sideways on my bed "I'm fine" I sniffle, knowing fully how this situation looked.

Me, coming back to our dorm in this state. Clearly not okay.

Luckily Tyler helped me clear all the blood.

"Well you don't look fine, talk to me. Please" she pleaded

Instead of replying I squeezed my eyes shut and put buried my head into the blanket, trying to hide my wet puffy face.

Perhaps it was the shock of the event, maybe the aftermath just hurts more? Or maybe I was simply in denial.

I didn't know.

But what I do know is that my mother is dead. She's dead because of me and my boyfriend-

Ex boyfriend is the cause of it.

Because I let him into my life and trusted him.

Me.

I did this. My father was right, everyone is dead because of me.

Tears kept streaming down my face uncontrollably.

My body wouldn't stop shaking.

But was I sad?

No.

All I felt was emptiness. Like a dark void had completely consumed me whole.

I felt someone touch my shoulder, I flinch.

"Rose, please tell me what's wrong. What happened, weren't you supposed to be going to the library with Tyler? Did something happen?" she sounded eager

"Quit it, you're not making this any better for her" I hear Raven's deep voice say, and footsteps coming my way.

I finally push myself up from my bed and move into a sitting position.

I stare blankly at the wall.

"Rose? Why-" Daisy starts but gets interrupted by Raven who grabs her arm and pulls her away, leaving me alone on the bed.

I bury my head into my arms and cry silently.

_______________________________________________

Daisy POV:

"Why did you do that! She clearly needs us!" I protest and start to leave, but Raven grabs onto my arm again and pulls me back to place.

"Leave her, right now she needs space" Raven scowls

"But did you see the look in her eyes Raven? Nothing, there was nothing bloody there!" I yell then snap my head back to Rose, realising that might have been too loud.

Raven doesn't say anything, instead she averts her gaze down to the floor "Fine, is there anyone we can call?" she asks

"I think I know"

I start dialling Tyler's number, after a few rings he picks up. "Hey Tyler, you busy?" I ask

"I am" he says

"It's Rose, she's not doing so good. And I mean not good, I've never seen her like this. You didn't see the look in her eyes Tyler. I would only ask if it was-"

"I'll be there in 5" he cuts me off and hangs up

I put my phone back to my pocket "He'll be here soon" I say and Raven gives a slight nod, still looking to the floor.