A life for a life

We've been sitting in this elevator for what seemed like too long. I guess it was because I didn't even lift my head up once to look around to my siblings because i just can't stand looking at the place my brother died in.

Luckily the blood was cleaned, so that was a start.

I didn't dare look up to Ashton, I can't even imagine how he felt right now and it's killing me that I can't do anything.

I felt the familiar feeling of the elevator stopping, one by one we walked out.

"I still think this is some kind of prank" Ashton says

"It's worth checking at least, I was dying of boredom in that school anyway" Greyson says from behind me

"Ok but if we get killed I am blaming you and only you" Axel says in a sarcastic tone

I freeze up when I see the door to the house, this is the spot Aiden was messing around with me.

I was so mad at him, sick of his jokes. Now I would do anything to hear another one.

I sigh loudly as Claire pushes open the door.

"It's open" she says "it wasn't open before" she turns to us, a worried expression on her face

Greyson pushes past her and steps in, he takes a few glances to the left, then the right "Someone's been here, and my bet is they're still here".

He looks around one more time and gestures to us to follow.

It's weird, that I wasn't worried or one bit scared that there could possibly be someone here. If anything it excited me.

And even if there is someone, I didn't doubt any of our abilities to protect ourselves one bit.

We were armed anyway, they didn't stand a chance.

Of course I avoided all throwing knives, I am not touching one of those ever again.

"We can split up into groups just to search around" Ashton suggests

"Alright, Claire you can come with me and Axel and Greyson can stay with Rose"

I follow after Greyson band Axel, although I really didn't need protection, they insisted and honestly i hate to admit it but what happened to Aiden and our aunt and uncle still scares me.

In our world being scared is not an option, instead we enjoy the sweet sweet thing called revenge.

We pass a room that I recognise as my dad's.

"Come on Rose you're better than this, don't go in there" I say to myself

Of course curiosity wins over and I find myself already walking into the room.

It looked the exact same, maybe. I stroll over to his desk to see a bunch of the drawers already open.

It was all a complete mess, as if someone had been looking for something.

Whatever if was they definitely didn't find it.

I knew this can't have been my dad. That man is lord of things but messy? That wasn't one of them.

I looked around again "Oh crabs!" I yell to myself realising I had now lost both Greyson and Axel.

I groan and leave the room, I'm definitely going back in there later.

"Greyson!" I yell

Not hearing anything, I call for Axel and wait for a response.

I don't get one.