Mother

"What" I say, not believing him for a second

"Do you have to be so stubborn?" he groans and  I hear him drag something toward me

Soon enough, him and another woman were revealed from the darkness.

My heart sank.

The women...she looked like my mother. But didn't. She wasn't herself.

She didn't look alive.

She had lost a lot of weight, her once beautiful, illuminating, golden eyes had lost their colour and their light. There was just something that had made her eyes go cold.

Eye bags circled underneath her eyes, her hair had gotten shorter.

And what surprised me the most, when Sam grabbed her she didn't fight back.

The mother I had would always fight back in any way she could. But she didn't.

She didn't look like she physically should, she looked completely drained.

Both mentally and physically as it seems.

Of course I wanted to pity her, but in that moment all I felt was anger churning and making its way up to the surface.

Why should I pity the woman who let her own husband torture her children for years? Why should I have any care for the person that abandoned me so easily?

My mother stopped being my mother long ago.

I remained silent as he moved her closer to me.

He throws her to the ground and she collapses weakly and spreads herself out on the floor.

And only for a moment, she finally notices my presence. She fixed her gaze at me before quickly averting it and looking back down at the ground.

"Stop it" I say through my teeth "Let her go"

"You're in no position to be making orders" he chuckles "But fine, you can talk. I'll be here" a grin grows on his face as he steps back into the shadows, but I felt his stare on me still.

"Why are you here?" I ask her coldly

"Your father" she coughs out

"Hey you're the one who married him"

Ew why did I just say that?

"I loved him, and love is what blinded me from the truth" once again, her voices sounded so broken up

Broken up...

Omg.

"It was you?" Realisation hits me like a bullet reaching this target "The phone call" I whisper, quiet enough so Sam doesn't here it.

She just nods. "I told you, I tried to at least"

Of course! How didn't I realise it before...

The phone call warning me to not trust anyone was her.

"Thank you" I blurt out "For trying anyway"

She looks at me again with an expression I couldn't quite depict "I'm sorry I know you must hate me" she starts "For abandoning you and not caring for you. But I've always cared"

I couldn't help the slight snort that came out "So much you decided to leave?"

"And to answer you're question from before, no I don't hate you" I say and I see her face relax a bit "I just lost all my respect for you"

We stayed in silence for a bit.

"I'm sorry, but you just don't understand. You never did. About who you are going to become. And what will happen to you" she breathes out, it looked like she had difficulty talking "I know what you've been through. So much pain for someone so young, I'm sorry you had to be the one to deal with it all"

"I don't need your pity" I quickly say "I guess I was just born with tragedy in my blood"

Quite literally.

"I understand that, but you need to know something" she says quietly "Believe it or not you're father is only keeping you alive because he knows in the end, you'll forget anyway"

"What do you mean?" I question

"I mean, Rose you were never meant to have a happy ending. You were created for one reason and one reason only."

"Power"

"Don't you think I know that? I know that I'm some kind of weapon. It's obvious" I snark

I was only a child and they ruined me...

I was simply a toy in their game, not a child, not a human. They forced me to grow up too quickly.

And now look at the outcome.

It's all just a bit tragic isn't it?

"Rose, when the time comes and you'll know when. Go to the Anderson wit-" she stops

And that's when I hear the familiar sound of a bullet

DAMN IT!

I see a black liquid flow appear on her forehead as she collapses almost instantly.

A scream escaped my mouth and I cover my mouth quickly with my hand. Tears flowing out of my eyes without me wanted them to.

My vision blurs once again as I look at her lifeless body on the ground. Her golden, dim eyes still open and staring at me.

I look away unintentionally.

Despite everything, everything she did to me. It still hurts seeing her like this...dead and gone forever.

A sob leaves my mouth, tears just kept coming.

"That bitch needs to shut her mouth" I hear my father say

"How dare you" I grit and spin round

"How could you kill you're own wife!" I shout, my voice cracking "You're a monster!"

"I may be a monster, but so are you"

"I am the monster you created!" I scream "We were just kids and you ruined us! We were doomed from the start!"

"You were never just kids" he says "And you're mother, she was always a coward. Too scared to protect her own children as you call yourself. You protected her and she never did anything. She's worthless trash"

"Since when do you care about my well-being? It's not like you cared any more than she did, she didn't deserve to die!" I sniffle and fall to my knees next to my mum.

With my fingers I shut her eyes.

May she rest in the peace she never got.

"Dispose of her body" he calls someone over and faces I didn't recognise came in.

"NO" I yell "STOP!" I cling on to her, they just kept pulling

"Please" I whimper "LET HER GO ASSHOLES!"

I turn to Sam, pleading with my face. He turns away and despite my protests they take her away.