Chapter seventeen: telling the family

I wake up to Justin gently shaking my shoulder. He's smiling at me, so I naturally smile back. This is the first morning we wake up as a couple and it just so happens that my parents are coming over today.

"Babe, you have to start getting ready. Your parents will be here soon." He says gently. I sit straight up and take deep breaths to calm down. Justin wraps me in a hug, and starts rubbing circles around my back. "It'll be okay." He whispers.

"I'm just afraid, but I know I have to tell them. What should I wear?" I ask as I get up and open the closet.

"Wear that blue top, so you know it will hide your little baby bump. Also I love that shirt on you." Justin says with a smirk. I grab the shirt and my favorite shorts. I walk to the bed and lean towards Justin.

I kiss his lips but pull back quickly. He has a pout on his face, and I roll my eyes at it. "Now go, I need to get dressed. Make sure the others are getting ready to go out for the day." He nods, getting up. He pecks my lips quickly and walks out of the door before closing it softly behind him.

I get my outfit on and walk into the bathroom to make myself look presentable. I keep my wavy hair down after running a brush through it. I put on a little makeup to look nice for my parents.

I walk out of the bathroom and see notice Justin, half naked, on the bed. Wow. The sight of him brings me back to that night, and how everything changed after. "Are they up?" I ask, lying down next to him.

"Yeah, and they're rushing to get dressed to go out. They said they would go out to breakfast." He says.

"I'm nervous." I say, and Justin looks at me with a small but reassuring smile.

"It's okay, we will do it together." He says as he grabs my hand and squeezes it. I nod my head, knowing we have to do it.

"Now go get ready." I order him. He chuckles, kissing my cheek, and gets up.

~~~~

There is a knock at the door and I jump before looking to Justin. He goes to answers the door as I trail behind him. "Justin." My mom says as she happily hugs him. He hugs her back and I can see Matt in the background, looking really nervous.

"Hi Jen." Justin says as my mom lets go of him.

"Hey Justin, how's it going?" My dad says, hugging him. They let go and Justin steps back.

"Come on in." I say, and my parents look at me. My mom gives me a forced smile and I manage to return it. My father gives me a big smile. They walk in and we head into the family room. "Alright guys, sit down, I'll be right back." I say and walk into the kitchen. I grab the picture on the fridge and put it in my back pocket.

I walk back into the family room where everyone is sitting but Justin. "We have something to tell you." Justin says as he reaches for my hand.

"Mom, Dad, I'm pregnant and it's twins." I say, and everyone stays silent.

"Are you kidding me?" My mom finally speaks up. I shake my head and reach for the ultrasound picture. I show her and she starts to cry. I look and see that my dad is crying too.

"Justin, are you the father?" My dad questions.

"Yes." Justin answers, and my dad simply nods his head.

"How could you?" My mom speaks up again. Her voice is dark and accusing. Justin and I look at her, waiting for her to explode. "We trusted you, and this is what you do! You go and sleep with some guy! Not just a guy, but someone who is like a second son to me." She yells as she stands up and takes a step towards me.