Chapter twenty: the new couple

We get back home, with me going straight to the couch. I walk in the family room only to see Mike and Jade kissing!

I turn around running to find Justin in the kitchen. "Whatever you do don't go in the family room." I warn him. He shuts the cabinet giving me a confused look.

"Why?" He asks raising an eyebrow.

"Mike and Jade are kissing." I squeal. Justin chuckles walking over to me. He wraps his arms around me pulling me as close as we are allowed, thanks twins. Our eyes lock, and I feel myself go weak in the knees.

"That's why we can't go in there?" He questions with a smirk. I smile as his eyes glance at my lips.

"Yeah. They need to have their moment." I sigh feeling breathless from his eyes flickering with lust. Damn this boy, why does he make it so easy to fall for him. That's right I said it... I think I'm falling for my best friend. Cliché I know, but I can't help it.

He doesn't realize that I'm freaking head over heels for him. I don't know when it finally came clear in my head, but the way I feel right now with him proves it. "You look beautiful today." He smiles. His eyes glance to my lips, again, then back to my eyes.

"Just kiss me already." I whisper. Justin chuckles closing the gap until we hear Abby scream. Our heads snap in the her direction to see her running out of the family room. "She's fine." I sigh. Justin turns back to me smashing his lips on mine.

I feel the butterflies go crazy in my stomach as his lips touch mine. My legs seem to grow weak from the feeling. Our lips move together perfectly, until someone ruins the moment clearing their throat.

"Are we interrupting?" Mike asks smirking. We pull apart breathing heavy, from the lack of oxygen, and glare at Mike.

"No. So you two are finally together?" Justin asks. Jade and Mike blush releasing their hands. "Right, I'll go with not quite." Justin chuckles. I slap his chest lightly rolling my eyes.

"So, where did Abby run to?" I ask, and they shrug. "Great, so are we going out to celebrate her last day here?" I ask.

"That's the plan isn't it?" Jade agrees.

~~~~

"So Abby, are you upset to be leaving?" Mike asks. She gives him a look, and we all laugh.

"What do you think?" She asks him. He holds his hands up in surrender. "I mean I will miss you guys, but I'm happy to start fresh somewhere else too." She adds.

"That's good." I say. She smiles at me taking a bite of her pasta.

"So Nicole, how was the appointment today?" Jade asks.

"It's was good. The twins are doing fine. They ran some tests and the results should be in soon." I say. "You want to see the picture?" I ask her smiling. She grins nodding her head. I take the picture from my bag and give it to her.

She takes it looking at it intently. I laugh at her face because clearly she can't see the babies. Mike looks over at it too, his eyebrows scrunching in confusion. Justin puts his hand on my knee causing me to jump a little.

I notice Abby just playing with her food, and instantly feel guilty. I know she hates what she had to do, but in the end it was her choice. I can't feel bad about my happiness over my babies to make her feel better.

"What time are you leaving?" I ask her. She looks up at me with a hint of jealousy in her eyes.

"Ten in the morning." She says angrily taking another bite. I nod my head taking my own bite. Justin's thumb rubs calming circles on my knee, and I feel myself just relax. Like I said before I must be falling hard if just that little action calms me down.