Chapter nineteen: guys day

Justin's point of view:

I wake up with Nicole in my arms. Last night she said she loved me, but she thought I was sleeping. I get up gently so that I don't wake her.

She's been really self-conscious about her stomach lately. It's not even big yet, so I don't understand why she is worried. I put on shorts and a tee shirt and grab my running shoes before heading downstairs.

"Mike." I whisper shout.

"Yeah?" He questions. I walk into the kitchen and see him tying his shoes. He looks up at me and smiles. "Good morning."

"Good morning." I whisper, sitting down and getting my shoes on. We hurry and quietly exit the house.

We start our run and just go the way we normally do. Mike stops though, at the dock, so I do too. "What's wrong?" I ask, knowing that something must be bothering him. He looks at me and let's out a sigh.

"I think I like Jade." He says like it's something new. I burst out laughing. Did he really just notice he likes her? "What is so funny about that?" He asks, running a hand through his hair. I stop laughing, clutching my stomach.

"Well, I've seen how you two act with each other. I definitely knew something was up when you bought her the necklace." I say and he just nods his head, rubbing the back of his neck.

"How do I tell her? Does she even feel the same way back?" He asks as he looks out over the water.

"Trust me, she likes you back. Have you seen how she blushes around you all the time, and likes to sit in your lap." I say and he chuckles.

"Really? Do you think I should tell her?" I look at him like he is crazy.

"Yes, why wouldn't you? Do you want to wait like I did?" I ask. He rolls his eyes.

"You didn't wait. It was totally obvious you liked her, but now I can see you love her." I look at him wide eyed.

"What makes you think that?" I ask, looking out at the water. I feel Mike's gaze on me but I don't meet it.

"The way you act with her, talk to her, and look at her. Not to mention that she is carrying your babies." Mike says. I look at him, raising an eyebrow.

"It's all noticeable." I say quietly.

"Yup, but Nicole probably doesn't notice. She never has." He says, looking at his watch. "We should be heading back." He says. I nod my head and we start jogging back.

----

We take a seat at the restaurant, Mike next to me while Matt sits across from us. "So how have you guys been?" He asks.

"Good, I mean, considering I'm going to be a father. Other than that, everything is good." I say as I sigh and look down at the menu.

"Right. Justin, I love you like a brother, which is weird now considering the babies. Just please don't hurt her, please." Matt says getting my attention.

"Why would I hurt her?" I ask.

"He wouldn't be able to." Mike says. We both look at him, waiting for him to elaborate on it. "He loves her." Mike says. I elbow him in the ribs and he swears under his breath.

I feel myself blush slightly as Matt's gaze moves to me. I look at him and lock eyes with his. He is giving away no emotion, and it scares me. It takes a lot to scare me and let's just say, I'm ready to bolt.

"Really?" He questions, his voice still not giving any emotion away. I nod my head as an answer. He just looks at me wide eyed but then grins. "Well, I already consider you family." He says.