Chapter thirty seven: our anniversary

"Where are you taking us?" I ask Justin as I check back on the twins. I look back to him before looking out the window to the road. "Hello, are you going at answer me?" I ask annoyed.

"Nicole." Justin groans annoyed.

"Yes." I say innocently looking to him. He glances at me before his eyes go back on the road.

"I told you all ready." He sighs. I roll my eyes and look out the widow. I cross my arms slouching a little in my seat. He is taking us to some party thing for work, which confuses me greatly. Apparently it's a picnic for the families, but I still think it's weird.

"I just don't trust it. I have no clue who these people are, and we are bringing our precious little babies to them." I say glancing towards him. He rolls his eyes and plays my CD which I shut up and listen to.

"Actually..." Justin trails off. I look at him raising an eyebrow.

"What?" I ask curious and a little nervous.

"Nothing bad. Just we aren't going for work. It's family." He says.

"Then why would you tell me it's for your work?" I ask very confused now.

"You will see." He says sending a nervous smile as he runs a hand through his hair. "Plus I knew you wouldn't dress up if it was family." He whispers under his breath.

"Well it has you all nervous. Can I have a hint?" I ask. He rolls his eyes and pulls into the park's parking lot. I feel myself go nervous not knowing what is going to happen. Why is he so nervous? Is it bad?

We get out and both moved to get our twins out. They are dressed cute today because I thought I had to impress Justin's work people. I carefully take Olivia out and grab the dipper bag putting the strap around my shoulder.

I shut the car door and walk around the car to see Justin shutting Austin's door. I smile at them and Justin starts walking leading the way. We walk to a group of people, who are actually our family. I also notice that the gang is there.

I grin seeing everyone, and the gang runs up to greet us. "Nicole! Justin!" They shout together as they reach us. I laugh at them shifting Olivia slightly.

"Hey guys." I smile back.

"I can see you guys haven't changed at all." Justin says playfully. They roll their eyes and Mike wraps an arm around Jade's waist.

"So, you two are still going strong." I say happily. They both grin nodding their heads.

"Yup. I'm the luckiest guy in the world." Mike says causing Jade to blush and me to awe.

"Actually, you are the second luckiest guy in the world because I'm the luckiest." Justin says looking to our twins then to me grinning.

"All right I'll take it." Mike sighs jokingly annoyed. "Now let me hold my Godchild." He demands. I roll my eyes and carefully give Olivia to him. He takes her grinning and walks to the rest of the group with Jade following closely wanting to hold Olivia too.

"Can I hold Austin?" Zach begs. I look to Justin holding in a laugh as Zach puts on his puppy dog eyes. Justin chuckles nodding his head.

"Okay, but you drop him or hurt him I'll kill you." Justin says. Zach nods his head gulping as he takes my little boy from Justin. He carefully walks over to the group with Austin in his arms. I smile and lean into Justin's side as his arms wraps around my waist.

"Let's go see everyone." I sigh looking up into Justin's eyes. He smiles down at me and kisses my forehead before taking my hand. He leads the way to our group. I put the dipper bag down on the picnic table and start hugging the family.