NEW NYQVISTS ARE BORN

That evening, after watching a tearful reunion with everyone's parents, Maja and Mikael returned home. The last few days must have been tough on her. Lost and unknown to if he would return or not had been eating on her. There had been a minor attack, which Meghna had taken care of with slight difficulty, but otherwise, things were pretty chill here. Maja had hugged Mik tight when he had landed back in Midgard. She held him for longer than she had ever held him. The sister who would always be busy in running the house was finally showing what she was known for in the first place.

As they sat on the couch, Maja was pondering over with a metallic thing. Mikael knew what it was, and she knew very well her plan, ever since she had found out about this. She was trying to hide it away, and maybe trying to find the right words. Mikael could have made it easier for her. But what kind of a brother would he be if he made his sister's life easier? 

"You wanna say something, it seems?"

"Yeah, what? No."

"Maja? If you have something to talk about, I'm the best person."

"Are you?" Maja asked, in a defiant tone, "Have you ever talked?"

"Now, I have. There have been many interesting things I haven't told you."

"Please continue." She said, putting her new medallion away.

"Nope. Mine can wait. You tell me yours first." Mikael said. This was something that had never happened before. Given that Mikael was younger, he had always received more care. His things were given more priority than Maja's. His words were heard ahead of hers. And she had no care of it. But, Mikael knew that these things bothered her. Too little to show, yes. But, it bothered her. And if something bothered her, Mikael hated that. 

"Fine." Maja said, "See." She showed him the Valknut medallion.

"You joined Meghna?"

"I did." Maja said, revolving her medallion in her fingers, "I am part Valkyrie now."

"Part time."

"Samesies." Maja said, "I can summon a horse, I can use a spear, and all. All I need is a month's vacation, so that I can train."

"Is Ikea going to let you go?"

"Thrud asked them. There is something weird about the gods and their persuasive strength."

"They are very persuasive."

"Anyway, enough about me. What were you saying?"

"Oh." Mikael fluttered. He knew that he had to face this moment. Had he been an Indian person, this would have been much more difficult. However, this was 2021, and even Indians took these things nicely. The one sitting in front of him was his sister, his partner in crime, his all time greatest adversary. Mikael was going to be fine. "Maja, I am attracted to guys."

"Woah!" Maja's shock was imminent. She took a deep breath, and said, "I knew."

"What?"

"Always knew. You had all the signs. Watching Fight Club or Troy for Brad Pitt, and not Helena Bonham Carter or Rose Byrne was one giveaway. You sweating every time a good looking guy touched you was another. Your absolute simplicity while talking to girls, Swedish or Indian, added to that list. Lastly, your complete flustering around who you call your best friend confirmed that."

"You knew about Ishaan?" Mikael felt his cheeks heat up.

"Dude, I am your sister. I've seen you grow right in front of my eyes. It isn't difficult. Not for me."

"Dang it." Mikael held back a laugh.

"Hey, you know, Mom and Dad would be proud of you."

"Yeah. Are you?"

"More than you know."

"They would be proud of you too, you know."

"Yeah, I know. Never questioned that."

Maja got up, and while leaving the hall, hit Mikael on the head. Mikael slapped back, but his slap came back in fresh air. The Valkyrie speed was showing, perhaps. Mikael needed her to be safe during this, and to his relief, she was going to be just okay. In a month, she would cut off their grandpa's head if needed.

The rest of the day was spent answering Maja's questions. She had so many questions that Mikael's head had started throbbing. Maja broke all stereotypes people had about Swedes. She was chatty, extremely extroverted, a little louder than the normal Swede, a slight bit of a show off. She was, however, a fantastic listener: a very important characteristic in a Swedish person. In this town of different, loud people, these six years had been very different to the Nyqvist siblings. While Maja had adapted herself better than anyone, Mikael had rather observed before starting to adapt. He could never forget those classes in school where he would just sit. He had found school rules weird in India. Uniforms? Really? Why do the kids have to buy the textbooks? And you gotta pack lunch everyday? Don't you get them in schools? The answer had come, "In some schools, yes. Not here."

Years had passed, and unlike Maja, Mikael had finally adapted himself to this life. Then, the tragedy happened. Now, however, things were looking way up.

"So, she left?" Rick asked, Meghna's head on his lap, as she slept. They were sitting in Rick's gaming room.

"Yep." Mikael said, "Her training starts tomorrow. Some Valkyrie named Althea came to take her. Speaking of those, why's Meghna sleeping at this time?"

"She pulled an all-nighter. We are starting a new project, which Rishi is heading. We are all going to get a little busy for the next few months."

"Gold, gold." Ishaan said, a big bottle of milk in his hand, and Rick's cat Ashmi hanging on his shoulder, "Where is the big guy?"

"Out with his snuggle-buddy. These two have their snogging time. At that time, they just get away from everyone else."

"But where are they though?"

"Jacuzzi room." Rick said. Ishaan was almost headed for it, when Rick's hands glowed, "You are not to go in there. I made a promise, and I hope to keep those."

"Fine, fine." Ishaan said, "I'll just sing a song."

"Please."

And so, Ishaan started a song in his devilishly melodious voice. The song was so soft that Meghna just rolled over and slept even more peacefully. This was one song that Ishaan had sung in front Mik many times. It was about a flower and its love for the gardener who brought it up with love, and a florist who stole it and tortured it. Yes, Ishaan said that the song had a deeper meaning to it, but it was cute even without it.

Ishaan was singing and happy. Rick was listening and happy. Rishi and Aitri were snogging and happy. Meghna was asleep and happy. Mikael was looking at them and happy. Like Maja, Mik had also found a new identity. The champion of Ullr (who had not bothered to show up and congratulate him for his success), the Divine Champion. A part of a group of friends he would happily give his life for.

Mik didn't know what would happen after this, or what his and his friends' fates were. For now, he and his sister were newly born, and that was an amazing Frosty Fate for now.