Chapter 5

"Anaa kya kardiya tune," said Laiba, her voice filled with concern.

They saw someone knocking on the car's window, prompting them to step out. A man stood there, his demeanor stern and accusatory.

"Dekhiya kya kaar diya tumne larki," the man said loudly, his voice laced with frustration.

"Sir, I'm really sorry for this," Anaya apologized, her tone sincere.

"Tere sorry se kya hoga... mera joh nukhsan hua uska kya?" the man retorted angrily.

"Sir, we are ready to compensate," Anaya offered, attempting to diffuse the tension.

"Tu mujhe paise ki garmi dhika rahi hai larki," the man accused, his anger palpable.

"No, sir, he meant that humare wajah se jo aap ko nukhsan hua uske liya varpai kar denge," Samir interjected, trying to clarify their intentions.

"Tum ameer bap k bikra hua aulaat soch te ho ki paisa hai toh kisi bhi ko bhi ko kharid loge," the man accused bitterly.

"No, sir, humare aisa koi matlab nahi tha," Anaya clarified, her voice tinged with regret.

"Toh kya matlab aur chi chi kya kapre pehne hai tum logon ne," the man continued, his tone disdainful.

Aqsa, unable to contain her anger , spoke out, "Excuse me, aap ka problem kya hai? Jab aapne kaha aapka car ka nukhsaan ka varpai kaun karega, toh hum varpai karne k liya tyar hai. Phir aap keh rahe hai paisa ki garmi dhika rahe hai hum... aap chahte kya hai, now you are commenting on our clothes?"

"Tu mujhpe chillane lagi hai larki, ruk mein abhi police ko call kar rahi ho," the man threatened angrily, dialing his phone.

"Shit yaar, kya kare hum ab," Laiba exclaimed, her worry evident.

"I don't know," Samir admitted, feeling helpless.

"Aqsa, you shouldn't shout at him," Anaya advised, attempting to maintain composure amidst the chaos.

"Toh kya karti, itna bakwas kar raha tha woh," Aqsa defended her actions, her frustration bubbling over.

The police arrived and escorted them to the station. Seated on a bench in the police station, they discussed their predicament.

A constable summoned them to the police officer's room. Inside, they found the man and the police officer engaged in conversation.

"Unho ne aap log ko k upar case kiya hai," the police officer informed them.

"Par sar woh galti se accident ho gaya tha mujhse isliye toh hum mafi bhi mange wor varpai bhi karne k liye tyaar hai. Phir kese case," Anaya explained earnestly.

"Aren't you Mr. Azam Malik's granddaughter, miss?" the police officer inquired suspiciously.

"No, I'm not," Anaya lied, fearing the consequences if their grandfather found out.

"Don't lie, miss. And the jacket girl is also the granddaughter of Mr. Malik," the police officer remarked, casting a glance at Aqsa.

"Look, sir, we are really sorry and we are ready to compensate the man. If you want, we can give you some too. But please, let us go," Samir pleaded.

The police officer stood up and approached them menacingly. "So you are bribing me?" he questioned, seizing Samir's collar. "Don't you know that bribing a police officer is a crime?"

"Sir, we are sorry. He didn't mean it like that. Please, let us go. If our parents find out about this, they will literally kill us," Laiba implored.

The police officer resumed his seat and declared, "Sorry, aap logo ko jahne nahi de sakhta mein. Aap logo k upar unhone case kiya hai. For that, aap logo ko mujhe police station rakhna parega aaj, and we need to inform your family members about this." He instructed, "Give me your parents' number, and constable, please take their phones and other belongings."