Chapter 11

Azaan entered his room with a scowl, only to find Azlaan sitting on the couch.

"What are you doing here?" Azaan asked, his tone edged with irritation.

"I actually needed to tell you something," Azlaan replied nervously.

"I already know that Anaya has agreed to this marriage proposal, and her engagement is today," Azaan said, his frustration evident as he rubbed his face with his hands.

"So, are you not going to do anything about it?" Azlaan inquired.

"What can I do? If she thinks Zayn is right for her, then so be it," Azaan replied resignedly.

"But will you just stand by and watch? Kuch nahi karenge " Azlaan persisted.

Taking a deep breath, Azaan conceded, "Now it's all up to her. I am  just a irritating cousin to her."

"So, you won't fight for your love? You'll give up so easily?" Azlaan questioned.

A half smile formed on Azaan's lips as he responded, "uske liya kya laru jo mera chehra dekhna pasand nahi karti . If she's happy with Zayn, then I'll be happy for her too."

"Mujhe nahi pata tha aap itne kamzor hain ki itni jaldi har maan jayenge" he said and left the room

Azaan & Azlaan descended the stairs, all dressed for the engagement party, and observed the lively chatter amongst the guests. They approached Zayn, who appeared rather solemn and preoccupied, messaging someone on his phone.

"Hey, what's wrong? You seem a bit off. Aren't you happy about this engagement?" Azlaan inquired.

Zayn was taken aback by the sudden interruption but managed a nervous response, "Oh, it's nothing, just feeling a bit nervous."

"Never mind that. Anyway, congratulations on your engagement," Azaan said warmly.

Before Zayn could respond, a message popped up on his phone, causing his expression to darken. He hastily thanked Azaan and hurriedly left the room, leaving Azaan & Azlaan puzzled.

"Kuch toh garbar hein" Azlaan mused to Azaan, ssensing that there was more to the situation than met the eye.

Only close relatives were invited for the engagement ceremony. Everyone was elated about Zayn and Anaya's engagement, except for Azaan, whose childhood crush, or should I say love, was getting engaged, and Azlaan, who had known about his brother's little crush for a long time.

"Ayaat aur Laiba jao Anaya ko leke aao," Dadijaan said to Ayaat and Laiba, who were talking to each other.

"Ji dadijaan," both replied together and went to bring Anaya.

"Anaya, jaldi se tayar ho jao. Engagement ceremony shuru hone wali hai," Ayaat said, entering Anaya's room.

"Haan, humein sab intezaar kar rahe hain," Laiba added with a smile.

Anaya nodded and replied, "Main bas do minute mein ready hoon."

Azaan, who was engrossed in conversation with one of Zayn's cousin from his paternal family, felt his breath catch as he caught sight of Anaya descending the stairs with Ayaat, Aqsa, and Laiba. Anaya looked even more beautiful than a heavenly maiden in her attire.

"Ma sha Allah," Azaan muttered under his breath

"Did you say something?" asked the cousin of Zayn.

"No, nothing.What were you saying?" Azaan replied.

"Astagfirullah.I'm praising someone else's future wife.Azaan, control your eyes," he scolded himself silently.

"Chalo sab garden mein chalo" Dadijaan announced to the gathering.

The garden was adorned beautifully for the engagement ceremony.

Anaya and Zayn were seated next to each other, exchanging rings

Anaya and Zayn were seated next to each other, exchanging rings. Azlaan observed them with a fake smile.

He noticed Anaya's apparent happiness as she conversed with others, but Zayn seemed troubled. Azlaan sensed that something was amiss and realized he needed to uncover the truth before the wedding.

Assalamulaikum
Did you liked the chapter ?

Sorry for this small chapter and updating after such a long time.. I was really busy with my studies and exams..