Chapter 17

As Anaya entered the drawing room after finishing her dinner, she found the elders engaged in lively conversation, their voices blending in a comforting hum. Azaan and Azlaan were seated nearby, listening attentively to the discussions. Meanwhile, at the door leading to the garden, Aqsa was earnestly trying to convince Ayaan and Ayaat about something, her gestures animated as she spoke. Intrigued, Anaya decided to join them, curious about the topic of conversation.

"Kya hua?" Anaya asked, approaching the group.

"Dekhiya nah, Ana api. Soch rahe the hum sab milke chadh pein gappe marenge par Ayaat api aur Ayaan bhai nahi maan rahe hai," Aqsa whined.

"Aqsa, kitni baar kahun mera exams hai, mujhe parna hoga" Ayaat tried to explain, her tone patient but firm.

"Api, exam jayega aur ayega. Zindagi mein masti kaam nahi hona chahiya " Aqsa replied nonchalantly.

Ayaat rolled her eyes and hurriedly left to join the elders, knowing that Aqsa wouldn't dare push her argument in front of Dadajaan. Sometimes she wondered how someone could be so Ziddi. Aqsa always have to get what she wanted.

Seeing Ayaat escape, Ayaan also tried to slip away.

"Ayaan bhaijaan, rukiye" Aqsa called out before he could leave. "Aapka bhi kya final chal raha hai aur yeh fir biwi jahan nahi hoge abhi wahan nahi honge" she asked mockingly.

"Aisa kuch nahi, Aqsa. Kal weekend hota toh reh leta. Uske ilawa bohot kaam mein humari company kuch naya product launch kar rahi hai, uske liye bohot busy hoon. Toh jaldi sona hai" he replied in one breath, slipping away before Aqsa could protest further.

"Yaar, teri toh ijjat hi nahi rahi" Anaya couldn't stop laughing, amused by Aqsa's persistence and Ayaan's quick getaway.

"Anaa api, aap mera mazak uraa rahi hein?" Aqsa asked, stomping her foot in frustration.

"Chalo, Aqsa, ghussa nah karo " Anaya said, patting her sister's shoulder. "Sab actually mein busy hai bohot."

"Haan, isliye yaha beth ke saap gappe lara rahe hain " Aqsa sighed dramatically. "Iss ghar mein kisi ki meri jinta nahi hein."

Anaya smiled at her sister's drama. "Kisi aur din chaat beth ke gappe larayenge , for now let's join the others in the drawing room before Dadajaan scolds us."

"Woh toh humesha hi daat te hain" Aqsa murmured.

The two cousins walked towards the drawing room, where the elders were engaged in animated conversation. The room was filled with the warmth of family and laughter.Anaya and Aqsa found a place to sit..

"...aur aisa hi humne uss business ko dubne se bacha yah " Dadajaan concluded, his eyes twinkling with nostalgia.

"Wow, Dadajaan, that's impressive," Azaan said, genuinely impressed.

"Tab ke samay bohot alag tha " Dadajaan replied, his gaze softening as he reminisced.

"Par abhi sab log business ethics aur morals sab bhul gaye hain" he added with a sigh.

"Haan, Dadajaan, woh Mirza Enterprise ko dekh lijiye" Ayaan said.

"Jo bhi woh kare aap log apne ethics or moral nahi bhulenge aapke abbu logo nh bhula nah humne bhula hai" Dadajaan addressed his grandson.

Then he looked at Anaya and Aqsa, "Aap dono ko bhi bol rahe hain hum"

"Ji, Dadajaan," they replied in unison, even though they weren't entirely sure what was happening.

Dadajaan continued with another of his business stories, everyone in the room was quite interested except for Anaya and Aqsa.

Aqsa, still restless, whispered to Anaya, "I still think we should have go to the roof."