Alive?

~3rd Person POV~

He shot up from bed gasping for air. He looked around frantically, Surrounding him was 2 people. He was too shocked and tired to make out who they were. One of them gently held his hands and reassured him he was fine, He was safe, This helped calm him down and his breathing slowed. But as the figure came into focus, He pushed him away and went back to hyperventilating. He started to remember everything, He didn't wanna be near that man. That man was the reason he got into that mess in the first place. If he didn't trap him in that box he wouldn't have...But wait...Did he? He's alive? So did he actually..?  He thought about it for a bit it was a complicated question, He couldn't figure out the answer. The man sat closer to him, And he shivered thinking he was gonna get yelled at. Instead the man embraced him, The man was crying softly. Though it was a quiet cry, It was very obvious.

Wilbur apologize through his tears, Fundy just awkwardly pat him on the back not knowing what to do. "Shouldn't he be the one comforting me?" the fox thought as his father kept sobbing. After a few minutes, Wilbur stopped crying and wiped away his tears. Looking at him closely, there were dark bags under his eyes. It was as if he hadn't been able to sleep for days. There was an awkward silence...It felt like decades before someone broke it.

"So, what happened?"
Tommy asked horrified.

Fundy tried to answer, but all that came out was small noises as if his mic was cutting out. He couldn't speak, he just stuttered for a bit before going completely mute.

"It's okay, you need to rest. Don't talk for a bit."
Wilbur reassured him, rubbing his back in a comforting manner

Fundy nodded. Tommy ran out the room and came back with a book and quill, he handed it to Fundy and motioned for him to write what happened. With that Fundy picked up the quill an started writing. He wrote one word. "Dream".