Chapter 14: The Hallelujah Mountains

A/N: Alright, Chapter 14!!! Here we go!! I'm stoked for this!! There will be an original chapter after this one that will take place in either between this scene, or between Chapter 15 or 16, because it has something to do with a special mission that Quaritch will assign my OC. Be warned, though. Quaritch gets a little....rough with my character. Anyways, you know the gist. Let's roll!

(Siera's POV-RDA base)

I follow Jake and Alex as we walk back into the bio lab with our packs on our backs, ready to go.

"So, where we going?" Jake asks. Grace is already packing as she slams a lid on a cup and says,

"Getting out of Dodge. I'm not about to let Quaritch and Selfridge micro-manage this thing. There's a mobile link up at Site 26 we can work out of, way up in the mountains." Norm turns to her, a shocked look on his face.

"The Hallelujah Mountains?" He asks. Grace turnd to him.

"That's right." She answers. Norm blinks rapidly.

"Are you serious?" He asks. Grace nods again.

"Yeah." Norm pumps his fist up in the air excitedly.

"Yes!" He then turns to Jake as he looks at him, confused. Of course, Alex and I know what he's talking about. We've done our studies and research on this.

"The legendary floating mountains of Pandora. Heard of them?" He tells Jake.

(The Hallelujah Mountains)

We then hear the Samson's blades whirring as we are now inside the Samson, heading to the Mountains. Alex sits at my side, Jake is on my left, and Grace is in front of me. The cockpit itself holds both Trudy and Norm, while in the back, are Grace and Norm's Avatars.

"We're getting close," Grace says to Jake, myself and Alex.

"Yeah, look at my instruments," Trudy says as we look at her screen. It's going haywire, which doesn't surprise me.

"Yep," Grace says. "We're in the Flux Vortex." She looks out the cockpit window.

"We're VFR from here on," Trudy says. Norm looks at her.

"What's VFR?" He asks.

"Means you gotta see where you're going." Trudy answers. Norm tries to look out the window but can't with all the clouds.

"You can't see anything." He says.

"Exactly," Trudy says with a laugh. "Ain't that a bitch?" We fly closer to where the Hallelujah Mountains are in plain view, and holy shit, I've never seen anything so breathtakingly amazing and beautiful. The floating mountains are just floating there, shifting ever so slightly but not ever faltering, not going anywhere, nor moving from one spot. Truly amazing and beautiful. As we continue flying, we gape at the sight.

"Oh, my God." Norm says, his jaw dropped. Trudy looks at us and laughs.

"You should see your faces." She says. We then see the link site as we pass the mountains then land. While we help get stuff off, Grace walks inside as she is smoking a cigarette as usual, then starts powering everything on in the link site. We get inside once everything is turned on.

"Welcome to camp," Grace says as she starts to then walk to the bunks and claiming one for herself before gesturing to what the others will have while Trudy raids the fridge for anything to eat. "Alright, here's my bunk, Norm, go under."

Norm immediately replies with, "alright." He then gets his stuff situated while I watch Jake looking at pictures of the school. Grace is in a couple of them followed by Na'vi children, and two I recognize: Neytiri and her older sister, Sylwanin. Gosh, how I wish I could've been there when she was alive. I would've changed things. Or my mother would've. But no. I sigh and walk away from the fridge.

Grace then says, "Trudy, you'll take the top one." Trudy walks away from the fridge as Jake closes it, then turns to me and Alex.

"What's going on with you guys?" He asks. I blink.

"What do yah mean?" I ask. He then looks at Alex, then back at me.

"This." He says, gesturing to us. I laugh.

"Jake, we're in a relationship. Does that not suit your taste? Oh wait, you've got eyes on a certain Omatikayan princess, huh? Huh?" Alex raises an eyebrow as he says this and Jake rolls his eyes.

"Stop," he says. "She's just my teacher, nothing more." I laugh.

"Bullshit," I tell him. "That's utter bullshit." Grace then walks in.

"Hey, I'm about to assign you all links. Let's go." She says. I nod and Alex, Jake, and I follow her.

"Alright, Jake, hang a left," she says. "You'll be in the link at the end." She presses a few buttons to get the link bed up and running.

"Unit one. Beulah. She's the least glitchy. And you two are here." She then gestures to two other links for myself and Alex.

(Hometree)

Once we're back in our Avatars, Neytiri walks us up to a more open part of Hometree. As Jake and I check out the view alongside Alex, a bird call escapes from Neytiri. We follow her gaze to the branches and before we know it, a large green Ikran lands, a golden mount on its back. Jake chuckles nervously, as Neytiri holds out a hand.

"Holy shit!" Jake exclaims, looking at the ikran. Neytiri looks back at him.

"Do not look in her eye," she instructs him, making Jake lower his eyes. "Seze." She then makes the Ikran eat what's in her hand before she says something in Na'vi.

"Ikran is not horse," she says to us. She takes her braid then puts it close to the antenna on the Ikran, the cilia coming together. "Once shayalu is made," she pauses, as the cilia come together and she closes her eyes before opening them again. "Ikran will fly with only one hunter throughout the whole life." She then adjusts the golden mount on Seze before climbing on top of her. Another shriek escapes the winged banshee as she flaps her wings.

Jake ducks down as this happens, then looks up, grinning. Neytiri makes sure she's comfortable on her Ikran before looking at Jake.

"To become taronyu, hunter, you must choose your own Ikran, and he must choose you." Jake looks at her.

"When?" He asks.

"When you are ready." Neytiri answers before pulling down her windbreaker and whooping as she lets the Ikran fly off the tree, flapping her large green wings in the sky. We all watch her in shock and awe.

"If I become a healer," I say. "I won't be able ta do any of this. According to Mo'at, ma teachings as a healer are different then becoming a hunter." Alex looks at me.

"Then say otherwise." I shake my head.

"Can't. She says it's what Eywa chose fer me." Alex kisses me hard, making me shiver.

"Then forget about it." He says.

"Alex..."

"Siera, this isn't what you want, is it? Do you want to be a hunter, or a healer?" I blink. It's kinda like making a choice between my father and mother, if they were still alive, that is.

"Quaritch showed me Ma's journal," I say to him as Neytiri flies over Jake's head with a whoop. "I think he may or may not have played a part in her death. I think he killed her." Alex blinks his golden eyes.

"Is it true?" He asks. I shrug.

"Don't know. I may have ta sneak 'round his office back at Hell's Gate, see what I can find." Alex shakes his head.

"It's too dangerous." I blink.

"I don't have a choice, Alex." He nods, then pulls me in for a kiss.

A/N: Dun dun!!!! Wow, such suspense! What will happen between my character and Alex? What will happen between her and Quaritch?? We don't know yet. We'll have to see. I might do an original chapter to fill this gap, but I am warning you guys, it will not be pretty!

Next Chapter Title: Learn Fast or Die