Chapter 22: Assault on Hometree

A/N: Alright, this is it!! The Assault on Hometree! You might want to get your tissues for this plus the next chapter! You guys already know the gist.

(Normal POV-Hometree)
Scorpions and Samsons follow a large Dragon gunship as they fly towards Hometree. The Dragon pilot is grinning in the seat.

"Time on target, one mike." He says as they continue flying, Quaritch standing next to the pilot.

"Copy. We have a visual." Scorpion says from the left. They fly in a straight line pattern.

"Roger that. Stay on heading 030." Dragon says.

"Roger, 030." Scorpion replies as they fly towards Hometree.

(Siera's POV-Hometree)

I am tied up with Jake, Grace and Alex, struggling in my binds as some of the warriors hold knives to our necks.

"Eytukan!" Jake yells.

"Eytukan!" Grace yells.

"Run to the forest!" He yells alongside Alex.

"They're coming!" Grace yells as we struggle in our binds.

"Please listen! They will destroy this place." Jake says while I growl and struggle in my binds.

"Neytiri, you must go now!" Grace says, as one of the female warriors yip, and I turn my head slightly to see that they're here. My heart sinks. No. No!

The gunships roll in, blowing the grass, our hair and braids as they do. I can see Quaritch in the gunship known as the Dragon, as he looks up at the tree.

"Run to the forest, run! No, goddamn it! Run!" Jake yells. I can only imagine Quaritch's look. I can hear Tsu'tey saying to his warriors,

"Have no fear." He then turns back to the approaching gunships. As they do, they hear the gunships getting ever closer until it's close enough to hear, and the Na'vi get their bows ready as the blades whir and the Na'vi's hair starts to fly. Quaritch looks up at Hometree, taking it all in. I then hear Eytukan ordering Tsu'tey,

"Take the Ikran, attack from above." Tsu'tey nods before ordering his warriors, his hunters to move out and get to their Ikrans in Hometree.

"That is one big damn tree." Quaritch says as he looks at Hometree, then zooms in a camera on us.

"Well, well, well," he says. "I'd say diplomacy has failed. Alright, people. Let's get this done. I want every gas round you've got, right at the front door." The pilot answers,

"Roger. CS.40's going hot." I watch as the mounted missiles with tear gas aim up, then my eyes widen.

"Fire." Quaritch says.

"Firing." The pilot says, as almost like a cannon, the tear gas is then released. I watch as the tear gas canisters are launched into the base of Hometree, where the children, elderly, Mo'at and many others that have no hunting skills are in.

I struggle once more in my binds.

"Neytiri!" I scream at her. She doesn't listen and prepares herself for battle. I can already hear the coughs of some of the villagers inside.

"Bingo. Mighty good shooting, ace." Quaritch says as he moves away from the cockpit.

"Attack!" Eytukan says as he, Neytiri and many of the hunters start shooting their arrows at the Dragon and the Scorpions, but to no avail. They're just making dents in the windshields, nothing more. I growl and struggle in my binds. No.