Chapter 14

We arrived at Rell's dad's house, he knocked on the front door and we waited a few seconds until he came and opened the door.

"Hey dad."

"Hey Son." He hugged him "And who is this?"

"This is my girlfriend Ashley."

"Well it's nice to meet you Ashley." He smiled and shook my hand.

"It's nice to meet you too"

"Come in."

Rell walked in first and I walked in behind him "You have a lovely place." I said.

"Thank you, I try my best to keep it together." We followed behind him into the dining room where a older lady and a younger man was.

"Ashley, this is my beautiful wife Miranda, and this is her son Yamen, Miranda and Yamen this is Rell's girlfriend."

"Hello to you both." I waved.

"Hello, what ever happened to that last girl you brought over here?" Yamen asked.

"Well obviously we broke up." Rell sat down and I sat next to him.

"Oh, that sucks." He said.

"We were just about to get ready to eat." His dad put some food on plates for me and Rell, he then sat down and we all began eating.

"So Ashley, where did you and Rell meet?"

"We've actually known each other for years, we talked here and there but that's all it was, he's very close friends with my brother Luke."

"Oh, you're Luke's sister? I didn't even know he had a sister."

"Yeah." I smiled.

"So you're going out with your best friends sister?" Yamen chuckled.

"Yeah, it's no problem though."

"How is that not a problem?"

"Yamen." His mom spoke up, she gave him a look basically telling him to be quiet.

"Well it's nice to have you here, how long have you both been seeing each other?' His dad smiled.

"Probably about a week."

"And you're already bringing her around to meet your family?" Yamen spoke up again.

"I've known Ashley for years, she's already said that, we just didn't act on anything until now, we've been friends for a while and now we're together, and i'm glad we are." He grabbed my hand "She makes me happy so of course I wanna introduce her to my family."

I smiled "What he just said."

I could tell Yamen and Rell didn't get along, And I see why.

"No disrespect son but I like her way better than Sabrina."

I chuckled "Thank you."

We sat there eating dinner together and talking about college plans, the future, and different things we could do together.

************************

It was after dinner, me and Rell were sitting down in the living room chatting.

"Your dad and Miranda is nice, I don't really know about Yamen."

"Well you can clearly see me and him don't get along, we haven't got along ever since we found out our parents were getting married."

"Yeah, well besides him I had a good time, I'm glad I got to meet your dad, he's kind." I leaned in kissing him "Next stop is meeting your mom."

"Rell, come here real quick!" His dad called to him from the kitchen.

"I got you." He stood up "I'll be right back." He left the room.

A few seconds later Yamen entered the room "Hey." He said.

"Uh, hey."

He walked over and sat down next to me "You know, you're beautiful as fuck, Rell did good picking you."

"That's not gonna work on me."

"What's not gonna work on you?"

"Don't play dumb, you're trying to flirt with me hoping I could fall for your tricks so you can try and get back at Rell, for whatever reason you don't like him."

"Damn, well at least I tried." He laughed.

"What's the problem with Rell? Like I don't get why you both don't get along."

"We haven't gotten along for a few years now, there's honestly no real problem with him, It's just that we both didn't wanna move in with each other, obviously he moved out already but it was better off with just me and my mom."

"So your problem isn't with Rell, your problem is that you're pissed you had to move?"

"Basically."

"That wasn't Rell's fault though, so I don't get why you both don't like each other, your mom and his dad just fell in love, that's life."

"You're right, I don't know why we're making it such a big deal and taking it out on each other."

Rell walked back into the living room "What are you doing?" He asked Yamen.

"I was just chatting with her." He stood "I'll let y'all be." He walked off.

"What did he want?"

"Nothing, we were just speaking about you."

"What about me?"

"Why you both don't like each other, I feel like he's not really a dickhead."

"Well you don't know him like I do, anyways we're about to leave so get ready."

"Okay." I stood and grabbed my coat off the rack and slipped it back on.

His dad walked into the living room "Thank you for coming to visit me, and thank you for coming along with him."

"Of course." I smiled "It was so nice meeting you."

"It was nice meeting you too, hopefully you can come around some more." He shook my hand "I'll see you soon son." He hugged him.

"I love you dad."

"I love you too."

Me and Rell left the house, we got back into his car and he drove off.

"You and your dad seem to get along just fine."

"Of course, he hasn't done anything to me, it was more so my mom's fault that they both split."

"What did she do? If you don't mind me asking."

"She cheated on my dad with a co worker."

"Oh damn."

"Yeah, so I'm glad he left her, he's way happier with Miranda and I'm happy for him." He smiled "Well anyways, do you wanna come back to my place, we can chill and watch some movies."

"Of course."