long day, longer night | Freelancer x Gavin

'ugh, finally!' the freelancer thought to themselves upon hearing the last bell of the day ring. They're tired and sleepy. If they were a cartoon character, they'd have melted on their chair by now. It had been a long, exhausting day for them, but then, again, when is it not?

They got up and stretched for a bit before gathering their things and putting them in their bag. They walked out of the classroom, almost in a sluggish manner. At times like these, they wish they could just rift into their apartment like d(a)emons do.

After what seemed like an eternity of walking, the Freelancer finally arrived in their apartment. They put their stuff down and flopped themselves onto the couch letting out a considerable exhale, as though letting out the stress of the day. "Deviant?" they looked around to see where the voice came from, and there he was, standing in the door way, wearing only his sweatpants as per usual. "Hiiiii" freelancer beamed at the sight of their incubus. His presence in the same room was enough to make them feel rested.

"What's up, my love?" Gavin asked, sitting down on the couch and patting his lap for the Freelancer to lay their head on. Freelancer did as they were signaled to. "Nothing bad. Just a long day" Gavin hummed in response as he run his fingers through the Freelancer's hair. "How about yours?" they asked, looking up at their boyfriend. "it wasn't bad. I mean it's never a bad day so long as I get to tease our little tornado-prone friend." He chuckled. "Don't be mean to him" Freelancer warned, again. Gavin just leant down leaving soft kisses on his Deviant's forehead, smiling down at them as he got back up. Freelancer hummed, content as Gavin continued to stroke their hair. "What do you feel like eating for dinner tonight?" Gavin asked, running his hand on the freelancer's arm. Freelancer hummed in thought for a second before uttering "You."

Gavin's resting eyes snapped open at his partner's statement. He looked down at the Freelancer with a furrowed eyebrow. "Wait, you don't have an inappropriate comeback?" They asked, almost panicking. "P-pizza and wings! L-l-le-let's get pizza and wings for dinner!" They stuttered, knowing they'd said something they shouldn't have in their state of exhaustion, judging by their boyfriend's devious smirk. They quickly got up and walked toward the kitchen, but before they could reach it, Gavin appeared in front of them wearing the most devilish grin you can imagine. Freelancer yelped at his sudden appearance. He must've rifted or demon-speed there, they don't know.

"Oh come now, deviant. Don't go breaking my heart like that. You already said you want me for dinner. Seems a bit harsh to suddenly trade me for..pizza and wings, don't you think?" He stated, faking a pout, all the while caressing the freelancer's cheek. "I only said that to hear your snarky comeback!" Freelancer explained, but their resistance soon came futile as Gavin scooped them up, not allowing them to escape. "But Gaviiiiiin, I'm hungry" they protested in a last attempt to get out of their incubus's hold. "I know, that's why I'm giving you..me, as requested" the incubus flirted, shutting the bedroom door behind him with his foot, his arms still holding the Freelancer.

Poor Freelancer had a long day, now it appears they have an even longer night ahead.