jealousy. (pt 2) | Davey x Angel

Angel and David are now in Michael's, Angel's ex, doorstep. Angel knocked on the door, but there was no answer. "You told him we were coming, right?" David asked, getting impatient, or so Angel thought. "I did. Let me try that again" They knocked again and this time, the door swung open. A man with a towel wrapped around his waist stood there holding the doorknob. "Hey, sorry about that. I was in the bathroom." Michael explained. "Oh my goooosh, I missed you" a very excited Angel stated. David looked at his mate, a deadly glare on his face. Why? Why would they say they missed him? And in front of their own boyfriend, no less. In the first place, why was this guy, Michael, answering the door in a towel? Questions raced in David's head, but before long, he snapped out of it when saw his mate bend down, their arms spread toward the cat who was running toward Angel. Oh, they were talking to the cat, he thought, relieved.

Angel picked up the cat, petting and kissing it. "Didju mish miii? didju mish mii?" Angel speaks giddily in their cutesy voice. The kind you would use to speak to cute animals and babies. The cat purred and nuzzle against Angel's palm. It's been a few good seconds since Angel started talking to the cat. Their ex and current boyfriend just standing in awkward silence. Before long, David cleared his throat in an attempt to bring his mate back to earth. "Oh" Angel snapped back to reality. "Ahem, um, Michael this is David, David, Michael". The two just exchanged pleasantries, ignoring the fact that Angel was talking gibberish to an animal. "Uh, would you like to come in for a bit?" Michael invited. "Huh? Uh, no. We won't be long. We just came to pick her up." Angel answered. "Okay, uh, hold on, lemme get her stuff" Michael excused, then quickly returned with two paper bags on clutched on either arms. "here you go" Michael said, handing the bags to David, seeing as Angel literally refuses to let go of the cat. "Her food, toys, litter box, everything" he continued. "Thanks" David responded before walking to their car. "Thanks for taking care of her all this time" Angel expressed their gratitude. "Hey, she's my cat too. To be honest, I didn't wanna give her up, but my live-in girlfriend has a really bad cat allergy" Michael responded. "Still, thanks" Angel insisted. David walked back to them "Hey, you ready to go?" He asked. "Yeah, let's go. Bye Michael!"

In the car

Angel still hasn't had enough of petting the cat. David wasn't sure if the way they talked to the cat is cute or annoying. "Hey, I never got to ask, what's its name?" David inquired. "Luna" Angel answered with pride. "Hey, do you think we could have her and Aggro play together?" They asked excitedly. "I don't know. I don't study cat sociology" Angel just laughed at their boyfriend's statement. "I don't know if Aggro will be friendly though". "Oh yeah, that cat's the opposite of friendly. I don't know if he's any better with other cats though" David said in agreement.

One week later

Luna has now settled in around the house. She'll just play all day, raising havoc everywhere. She would sleep between Angel and David, making David like her less. He hated not being able to hold his mate when he sleeps. Every time he wakes up and the cat is between them, he'd get up and put her in her box, only to wake up with the cat slung on his neck.

But there was something else that he hated more. Since the cat joined them, Angel had little time to spare to cuddle with their boyfriend. Every time they get home, they'll just play with the cat. When they would watch a show with David, the cat would still be sitting on Angel's lap and their hands would be busy petting instead of using it to stroke David's hair or run them all over his arms and chest, like they usually do when they cuddle together. Because of that, David is finding himself getting more and more deprived of his Angel's touches and affection. Is he jealous of a cat? No. He can't be. He's an Alpha werewolf. Werewolves don't get jealous.

Even now that he just got back from work, Angel didn't bother to greet him like they usually do. They were busy cuddling with Luna on the couch.  "Hey" Angel called out. David replied with a somber "hey" while walking upstairs, planning to head to the bedroom. "Heeeeeeeey, where's my kiss?" Angel whined. "You don't look like you need one" David responded grumpily. "Nooooo, I do need one. I ALWAYS need one". Angel cried but they were met with their voice's echo. They quickly got up and ran towards the bedroom, leaving the cat downstairs.

"Davey? Is everything okay?" They asked, worry apparent in their voice. "I'm fine" their grumpy Alpha replied, taking his jacket off. "You don't look fine, though." David just took a deep sigh in response. "Come here, let me hold you." He requested of his mate. "Of course baby" Angel walked toward the bed where David was already sitting. "Do you wanna cuddle?" Angel asked. "Uh, yeah, sure, I guess". David replied, laying down on his back so Angel could lay their head on his chest. David was just starting to get comfortable before he heard that familiar, annoying, little footsteps. "Uuuugh!" He groaned seeing as the cat didn't hesitate to jump on the bed and onto his mate's back. Angel of course couldn't resist the cat, so they turned around, their back against David's chest, so they could pet the cat. "That's it!" David stated firmly. He knew if the cat was there, Angel would just end up playing with her again. So he got up and picked up the cat then he sat it down outside their  bedroom and softly slammed the door, still careful of not hitting the cat.

"Why would you do that?" Angel questioned "the poor cat" they continued. "You've had enough time together this past week. It's MY turn" David emphasized. It left Angel confused. "Your turn? On what?". "Nothing. Just come here" David said, sliding under the covers to cuddle Angel. He almost aggressively pulls Angel onto his chest, thereafter letting out a contented sigh as he felt Angel snuggle up to him. That's when the realization hit Angel. "Oh my god, were you jealous of Luna?" they asked, sitting up and looking down at David with an amused look on their face. "What? No! I just...shut up" David tried to deny but the red tint across his face gives him away. Angel giggled and snuggle against David again, leaving soft kisses on his chest. "I've probably been spending a lot of time with Luna now. I'm sorry." They apologized, realizing that they missed their boyfriend even though he wasn't ever away. "It's fine. I know you missed her" David assured. "Hmm...from now on, I'll try to balance my time between my two furry creatures" Angel joked and it took a second for David to realize. "Two furry crea..?- I am NOT a-mmfh-" before he could finish, Angel cut him off with kisses on his lips and cheeks.

<<<>>>

I need Davey with a cat, in canon.