coffee? sure, i guess| Geordi x Cutie

Cutie walks on the pavement, their one hand gripping a cup of coffee, the other holding their phone. They notice the time and realize they have 30 minutes before the start of their apppointment so they pace themselves. They put their phone in their pocket so they won't be distracted anymore. Upon looking up, they instinctively take a step back.

Five meters away from them is Geordi: walking toward Cutie's direction. He too is holding a cup, like Cutie is, but his other hand was rather busy gesturing to add more meaning to the story he's telling the person he's walking with. He seems happy; he's laughing even. He seems to be having fun talking to them.

The sight broke Cutie. Sure, they're happy that he's happy, but they resent that it wasn't with them. Soon, their guts tell them to run away, to hide; everything but make contact. Their stomach starts boiling with hesitation and anticipation. While they want to hide, they also just want to observe Geordi a little longer, specially if he's laughing like that.

They hadn't seen him laugh like that ever since he left; a little before that even. It's been three months. They didn't reach out to him after that, and he them. It's their first time seeing Geordi since he left. They are overwhelmed with different emotions and questions.

Is Geordi moved on? Is he really happy? Is this person really making him happy? Does this person treat Geordi like they did but with more respect? Should they go up to him and confront him? Thoughts raced in Cutie's head. Soon, they stumble to the surefire solution they've always known: listen to Georgie's thoughts.

The world went silent when they thought of that

They observe him a little bit more and just when they're about to do it another thought creeps in: Geordi is happy, at peace, finally. With that thought, they turn around, letting out a deep sigh. Their chest tightening with pain. They feel their eyes starting to sting but they manage to not let a tear fall. They look up, taking few deep breaths. They begin to walk but a tap on their shoulder stops them from their track.

"(Cutie?)" Geordi calls out.

Cutie froze there for split seconds, cursing themselves for not running the hell away from there when they had the chance. He didn't see them staring at him, did he? They thought to themselves before taking another deep breath and turning around.

"Geordi. H-hi. Wh-what are you doing here?" they feign surprise.

"I'm showing my cousin around. It's ther first time here"

"Y-your...c..your cousin?!" Cutie stutters, trying and failing to hide their surprise at the statement. Followed by guilt for feeling relieved that it is just his cousin. Almost like they want Geordi to get back with them and put him through that pain again.

"Yeah, this is Denise; Denise, this is (Cutie)" Geordi introduces them.

"Nice to meet you, Denise" the two exchange pleasantries and shake hands.

Soon, the cousin starts to notice the awkward, almost tension-like atmosphere between the two. "Hey, if you don't mind, I'd like to look around on my own. I've got some errands to run too, so, I think I'll be leaving" they tell Geordi.

"Uh, sure, I guess" Geordi hesitates but his cousin left nonetheless. "So, uh, do you wanna get coffee?" Geordi asks Cutie

"Are you sure?" Cutie asks, their head full of doubt.

"Y-yeah. I-I mean, if you..if you want to. You don't have to just cuz I asked"

"Um, sure."

It is awkward. They each have doubts about suddenly meeting and talking like that. However, they've both been wanting to see and talk to each other after their untimely goodbye