the perfect mate | David x Angel (Part 1)

An: this is what happens when you begin writing from the middle. Anyway, hope you enjoy or loathe reading it.

<<<>>>

Angel is quietly sitting there watching a movie when the door suddenly flung open. In comes David with a sour expression on his face, to say the least. Angel doesn't notice at first.

"Hey Daaavey, come sit with me"

"I'll...join you later. I need to think"

"Davey? What's wrong?"

"It's nothing. Just give me a minute"

"You look very upset. Did something happen?"

David exhales deeply. "I've been been trying to reach out to "Darlin'" ever since I found out they're here back in Dahlia. But it proved pointless! And now I find out they're getting themselves in a 2 on 1 brawl against vampires."

"Can't you go to their house?"

"I don't know where they're staying at at this point. They're my pack member and I don't even know where they live"

"Hey, don't beat yourself up. I'm sure they know what they're doing"

"No, you don't know them; they can be very reckless, okay?! They're prepared to throw their life if it's for someone they care about so I can't help but be worried!" David explains, his voice slightly on a higher tone.

Angel persists "they're an adult, they're proba-"

"I SAID YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND SO JUST BACK OFF, OKAY?!" David yells, making Angel take a step back. Thereafter, his eyes widen with surprise at his own behavior. "Angel, I-"

"Sorry, I overstepped" Angel forces a smile to mask their heart shattering in their chest.

David looks at them, guilt and regret turning his stomach as he watch his mate fake a smile, their eyes starting to get red.

"Know what, you're probably hungry and tired after a long day so I'm just gonna run to the store and get some stuff for dinner, okay?" Angel speaks rapidly, the smile never fading from their face while they fumble for their keys.

"Angel, don't go" David speaks softly.

"I'll be quick, I promise" Angel says, their voice breaking under pressure of pretending to smile. Before their tears had a chance to form, they run out of the house.

David draws out a sigh as he lowers himself onto the floor, dropping his head back onto the couch. "What the fuck am I doing?" he mutters. He could run after Angel but he realize he needs to cool off.

Meanwhile, Angel's vision cloud with tears. They had never seen David angry like that and much less, raise his voice at them. They compose themselves and go in the store.

They walk around the aisles not knowing what to buy. They weren't even intending to cook dinner tonight so now they're just circling around the store and regretting the excuse they made under the circumstances. Suddenly, they feel hands covering their eyes from behind.

"Guess who" a man behind them giggles.

"Ash" they say unsurprised.

Asher laughs before letting them go "where's the big guy?"

Angel swallowed their breath before turning around to answer. "He's, uh, he's not with me" they look up at Asher.

Asher notices their eyes slightly red. "Oh fuck, did I squeeze your eyes too hard?" he asks, a little panicked, which made Angel chuckle.