Jealousy

Percy and I have been together for 4 years now. It's been four years since we've kissed in the lake and two years when I finally admitted my love for my Seaweed Brain.

Today was our four year anniversary but I haven't seen him anywhere. Eversince Tartarus, I had a need for always having to be close to Percy. It was like whenever he was away, my heart wouldn't function properly and all the worse thoughts came to my head.

And so I walk around camp to look for him. Mrs. Oleary was doing most of the work by following his scent. Eventually, we ended up in the Ap- what the hell is he doing in the Aphrodite cabin?!

Mrs. Oleary stopped by the door, looking up at her then disappearing into shadows.

"Calm down, Annabeth. Just calm down. It's fine. Maybe hes just talking to Piper or something. Maybe fashion advice? It's fine. He jumped to freaking Tartarus to be with you. His fatal flaw is Loyalty. It's fine," I repeated to myself and calmed down immediately. He wouldn't. Simply wouldn't.

With that, I opened the door quietly. What I saw broke my heart and cause a lump to build up in my throat.

Percy was in a bed with an Aphrodite kid. That former cabin counselor that Piper hated. He hadn't noticed I was there.

They were sitting on the bed at close proximity and Percy was murmering while the girl giggled like a lot. Percy was doing something that I couldn't see and the girl gasped and giggled some more. What the hell??

I quietly snuck out, tears forming in my eyes. No. Maybe I saw it wrong. Percy loved me. Didn't he? What was he doing with that girl? Was he cheating on me? No. Maybe? Ugh stop it Annabeth. Oh no. Here he comes. Act normal.

"Hey, Wise girl," Percy grinned, leaning in for a kiss but ended up kissing nothing but air.

"Hey um. Sup," I said, putting a hand on my waist and leaning on a pole.

"Umm uh sup?" Percy replied in confusion.

"So um are we still going out of camp?" I asked.

"I-um. I'm sorry. I have...things to do," Percy said, not meeting my eyes.

The lump in my throat swelled and the tears threatened to fall. He was ditching our anniversary with an explanation of stuff. Maybe...he was hanging out with that girl. No. Maybe?

"Oh...okay," I replied before turning away and walking quickly.

"Annabeth wait," Percy said, clutching my hand. "Is something wrong?"

"Nothing, Percy, absolutely nothing. I'll see you later or whenever," I said before walking away to my cabin and shutting the door close. When the door closed, all the sadness came pouring in. I started crying and sniffling that my siblings gathered to comfort me. It worked a little because I had stopped crying but the sadness was still there.

I had read in books that couples don't last long because one would get bored and move on to another person. Was that really Percy?

I spent the rest of day in my cabin but finally came out when it was bonfire time.

I walked to the bonfire to find Percy and that girl again. They were standing by the fire. It was dark so I couldn't see much of what was happening but the girl was giggling again. Percy had a lovestruck look on his face and he was talking with so much love in his words.

Keep calm, Annabeth. Just keep calm. It's going to be o-

"Hey, Annabeth. Do you mind if you help me with a project I'm working on? Like right right now?" Leo asked, tapping my back.

I quickly wiped my eyes and nodded. "Uh yeah sure," I said before following. I wasn't able to really focused on the project which was creating some new adjustments on Festus. Leo wasn't either because he kept checking his phone. Finally, after ten minute, Leo slammed his tools down. "Welp that's all. We should go to the bonfire! Like now!" Leo grinned.

"Um. It's okay. You can go. I think I'll stay here," I said, not really wanting to see my boyfriend flirting with another girl. It would only hurt me more.

"Uh no! Come on. Let's go," Leo said, grasping my arm and half dragged me to the bonfire. Or bon? No fire?

What the heck? Where was ever-

"SUPRISE!" Everyone shouted, nearly giving me a heart attack. The bonfire lit thanks to Leo and I could see everything better. Oh my gods.

Around the fire were all our friends and cabin mates. There was stables set up with snacks and drinks as usual but some balloons and decors. The Demeter cabin made flowers appear in a path, leading to Percy. Percy stood by the fire, grinning and staring at me.

Did he do all of this for me? Good gods. I should have never doubted him. Unless this was a huge party for a breakup then he planned our anniversary with a surprise party.

I walked towards him and he had a poker face look on his face.

"Sup," Percy said, putting a hand on his waist and leaning on a pole.

I laughed and as soon as I did, the sadness burst out. The thinking that he didn't love me anymore and wanted nothing to do with me. Tears flowed freely as I sobbed.

Percy's smile disappeared and he pulled me to his chest.

I cried till there was no more tears to shed.

"Wise girl, what's wrong? Did I do something wrong?" Percy asked, concerned.

I sniffled, burying my face in his neck. "No. You didn't do anything wrong. You're perfect and I love you so God dam much."

Percy smiled, stroking my hair. "Good then it'll make the next part much easier." With that, Percy pulled away.

He reached for something in his pocket and brought out a small box.

A gasp escaped my lips and I covered my mouth.

Was he really? Oh my gods.

"Annabeth Chase, my one and only Wise Girl. I love you and I will love you till my last breath and even more when we're in Elysum together. I cannot think of a life without you. If so then it would be hell. Gods, Wise Girl. I love you so God dam much. Yes pun intended. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"

I was in awe and shock but managed to nod. "Yes," I whispered, smiling so much. I've never smiled more in my life than right now. "Yes, Seaweed Brain.