| 5 | Y/N Fills the Absence of Hunter's (much needed) Therapist

Words: 1590
Date published: 10.24.22

- not proof-read -

You fired energy blast after energy blast, each one draining your energy significantly. This was how you tended to end your training for the day - capacity training is what you called it, though you were sure there was an actual name for it.

You pushed yourself past your limits in order to increase your magic significantly. You had only been at it for about a week, but you were seeing the beginnings of results already.

The situation with Golden Guard hasn't changed much. He was still an insufferable prick who set out to make your life miserable. Yesterday he went as low as to trip you as you left class.

You learned his real name was Hunter by overhearing a conversation once, but you decided to stick with Golden Guard.

One final blast consumed the rest of your magical energy. After the sound rang out, it was uncomfortably quiet. You were the only one left. Mandatory training ended almost an hour ago.

You grabbed your bottle and gulped down the cool liquid before leaving the room. "Golden Guard, there you are!" Kikimora said. You swiftly ducked behind a conveniently large plant to avoid being spotted. "Belos wants to see you! Oh... but it's too late to go to him tonight. You'll have to see him tomorrow. He said he wanted to talk about something serious." Her voice dropped to a snarky whisper. "He sounded displeased..." You heard one pair of footsteps go silent as Kikimora walked past. By the sounds of it, Golden Guard was frozen.

You pretended to casually walk around the corner but stop at the sudden sight of Golden Guard.

"Oh it's... hey... hey, wait. Are you okay?"

He had his hand over his chest and his breathing was rapid. He seemed sort of dizzy and that thought was confirmed when he collapsed to the ground. The hallway was completely deserted save the two of you and the light was dim.

"Hey, hey, Golden Guard..." you rushed to his side. "Hey, do what I do, okay?"

You began deeply breathing while counting down from 4. He followed suit and soon he was able to talk again. "Why are you helping me?"

"Look, I don't care how much you hate me or I hate you. If someone is struggling that greatly and I know I can help, I will not just leave them."

"How do you know how to help with that?"

You stared at his mask through your own for a moment before hesitantly joining him on the floor. "I struggle with anxiety a lot, too. Sometimes, my anxiety gets so bad that I have to escape my surroundings to calm down. I try to run to a place that is free of people and calms my nerves."

After a moment of silence, you stood up and offered him a helping hand. He didn't take it, instead opting to stand up on his own, but you honestly expected that.

He began to walk away before turning around, seemingly as if he wanted to say something. He shook his head slightly and continued on his path.

\\\ \\\ \\\

You were at the gym, just preparing to leave, when another guard approached you. "Y/N?"

"Yeah, that's me."

"An anonymous person has asked for tips on what to do to prevent an anxiety attack from happening."

You chuckled, knowing exactly who was asking. "Tell the anonymous person that he isn't doing a very good job at hiding his identity and to come ask me himself."