| 31 | I Wrote This While Listening to Home from Undertale on Loop

(music box version btw not the original lol)

words: 1955
date published: 5/17/2023

- not proof-read -

You didn't sleep at all that night. Your mind had been racing ever since you realized what Hunter was trying to say. The sun was already breaching the horizon. Okay, yeah, no sleep tonight.

You got dressed and brushed your hair and teeth before heading to the kitchen. You were surprised to see Camila already up.

"Oh, Y/N! You're up early. Couldn't sleep?"

"Nah," you replied. "I think I'm gonna go for a little walk to wake myself up if that's alright."

"Oh, of course! I was called into work early today so I have to get going, but I'll text Luz so no one thinks you've gone missing."

"Thanks, Camila."

"Have a good day!" she called as you made your way out the door.

"You, too!"

When the fresh air hit you, you already felt a bit better. I'll just go around a block or two.

You neared a park and to your surprise, people were already there. There were two girls around your age playing with an orange ball. It looked like one of them was trying to get it into a hoop similar to the one you put up in the one building with your friends while the other tried to stop her.

You looked away and kept walking, but that almost ended badly when the ball came flying in your direction. You barely caught it in time. You knew you had to throw it back. What if I can make it from here? Without a second thought, you threw it, making it in the hoop. "Woah," you said to yourself. I knew I had a bit of a chance, but I didn't think I'd actually make it.

You kept walking, pretending it didn't happen. You didn't want to have to talk to anyone when you were this sleep-deprived. Time to head back...

/// /// ///

"Hey, Camila said she'd take us all to get McBurger Queen on her lunch break," Vee said as she came into the room.

"Say no more," Gus announced. "I'm going!"

"I am not missing out on having that," Luz said with so much conviction it was sort of scary.

"So, we're all going?" Willow asked.

"No, I'll stay home," you said as you stared down at the ground.

"You good, Y/N?" Willow asked. "You've been staring at the floor for a while."

"It's comfortable. If I look away, it won't be comfortable anymore," you explained, but you weren't sure she got it. Luckily, someone else did.

"Woah, you have that, too?" Luz asked. "I thought I was the only one!"

"Hunter, you coming?" you heard Gus ask. It sounded like he was already halfway out the door.

"No, but bring back some stuff for us," he responded.

"Okay, we'll be back soon!"

You heard the door shut and silence settle over the house. "You didn't sleep, did you?" Hunter asked after a moment.

"Heh, no."

"Why not?" he asked.

"Mind wouldn't slow down," you responded.