V.

your alarm went off and you took a glance at the schedule you were now supposed to follow as being the balladeers assistant. what came first was to just get ready as you normally did. you had been gifted a uniform that was all black, but wasn't the most comfortable.

you did your hair and took a look at the schedule again. it had said to meet scaramouche in the dining room for breakfast, where you could discuss the plans he had for the day. you read your schedule some more, and found out that it was mandatory for you to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner with your master. you sighed, walking to the dining room to find scaramouche silently waiting.

"ah, so you finally arrive." he greets, with a hint of impatience in his words, though you had been on time. "good morning, master." you uttered while bowing, then went to sit down. you looked at your plate. for breakfast, you were having omurice with a side of onigiri and steamed rice. you took the chopsticks in your hand, but scaramouche stopped you.

"ah- aren't you going to thank the cooks for making this food? have some manners." he teased.

"i-itadakimasu." you thanked, then took a bite out of the omurice, not taking your eyes off of it. you were heavily appalled by scaramouche, not wanting to upset him, but you didn't show it.

"tch, look at me." he scoffs, making you look at him mid-bite. he continued: "what are you so afraid of? seriously, your timid demeanor is pissing me off right now. where's the girl who knocked three people out yesterday?" he taunts, while you take a deep breath and respond, "perhaps she just would like to eat right now. wouldn't it be rude to eat with your mouth open, just shouting with rice and egg falling out of your mouth?"

"obviously, but it would be nice to make some conversation in-between. a silent dining room is never enjoyable." he replied, annoyed.

"well, that's what we're going now, aren't we," you said, taking another bite of your omurice which had almost been finished.

"well yes, but all we're doing is arguing. that's not a great way to start your masters morning, you think?" hm. no shit.

"this conversation is going nowhere," you sigh. "can we start it over?" taking your last bite of omurice, you looked at him convincingly.

"god— fine. i suppose we can. what is deadly so important that you need to say to start the day off?" he mutters, glaring daggers at you.

"don't we need to discuss the plans for the week, or even just today?" you fumed.

he chuckled, "god you are so clíche, it's quite amusing. well i suppose we can. tomorrow, we're going to mondstadt. some of the fatuus over there had heard some news of a meteor shower, in which the left over crystals from the meteors harbored a power to cause anyone who touched them to fall into a deep slumber. interesting, don't you think? anyhow, we're going to be in that particular area for the rest of the week, maybe even pay a visit to liyue."

wow. that was quite some information to take in.

"mhm...i see. what do you— or we, if you're generous enough, plan to do while over there?" you queried.

he ignores, "well i plan to investigate what the hells going on, and stir up my own investigation too. i hear that there's an infamous 'traveler' who's been causing trouble within the fatui but is known as a hero to mondstadt. perhaps we'll cross paths within investigation."

you sigh, deciding to finish your last bits of food and not speaking any longer. taking a bite of the onigiri, you wondered how much you should pack.

'hm... should i pack everything? of course, not my entire bed but like every single uniform i have? when should i start packing? ahh,,, i should stop worrying about this right now. i'll ask after i'm done with this delicious onigiri.'

you took your last two bites of onigiri and you were done. you asked, "how much should i pack and when?"

"about 7 pairs of clothes. and uh, now. i'll excuse you. i've been done eating for a while now, so i'll just walk with you." you hadn't noticed before, but his food portions were quite small.

you had said your after meal thanks for the food, and you walked to your dorm while he walked to his. after you got packed, assistant training would start for you. you got to train with every assistant in the fatui, and since there were only 9, you knew it would be enjoyable, because you hated how crowded it was during regular training.

~just your usual training timeskip, nothing special~

once training was done, you got to your dorm room and showered. today had gone by quite fast, due to the author of this book being lazy and tired and just wanting to get this chapter finished before she goes to bed. you did your normal nightly routine stuff, and dozed off. you knew that tomorrow in the early morning, scaramouche would be banging on your door telling you to wake up, which you weren't looking forward to. you told vikki goodnight and turned off the light.

you stared at the ceiling with regret because you knew you were going to be moved to a different dorm, and vikki was going to have to find a new roommate. god, you hated the thought of that. not only for her, but for you too. now that your only "partner" was supposed to be scaramouche, you didn't need one.

with deep guilt, you dozed off into the night.~

a/n: sorry this chapter is a bit shorter babes! i got my period and ive been trying to not absolutely explode so i've been taking breaks from stuff that stresses me out. of course i'm not saying that writing this ff stresses me out, but i always manage to write really late at night and it's just like no. anyhow,,, happy birthday miles! you don't have wattpad so i cant tag you, but ilysm and i hope you have a good day<3.

and for the rest of you, please vote for my story!! and tysm for 100 reads i appreciate it<3333