X.

Laying in the bath water, you tilt your head back while you soaked in warmth. The heat felt nice on your skin, after a long day of work, or rather just the exhaustion of being near Scaramouche himself. He was an entertaining person indeed, but something about him just felt completely draining; assuming that he is so miserable and dark like a black hole: sucking up everyone else's joy just because he can't have it unless everything goes his way and he gets what he wants.

You sit up from your position and grab the shampoo, mix it up in your hands, and massage it into your scalp. You do this twice, just to make sure everything's gone. Then you put in your conditioner, to moisturize your hair. Often when you bathed, you didn't really think of anything, really — it was sort of an activity where your mind goes blank and focuses at one thing at a time. You rinse your hair out and then wash your body. You hear a banging at the bathroom door, with an impatient Scaramouche starting, "hurry the fuck up Y/n!"

"No, I don't wanna stink. Get your ass back to the bed and daydream or something," you muttered while trying to finish up quickly so you could get dressed so Scaramouche can bathe.

~

Once you were done, you walked out and surprise surprise, Scaramouche was still waiting there, pissed off with a vein poking out of his forehead.

"I've never seen someone get so angry about getting in the bathtub," you smile.

"Whatever. Just go to sleep so I don't have to hear your voice for the rest of the night."

"Goodnight babe!"

"I swear to fucking god, I'll kill you."

"You couldn't," you grin, "I'm too valuable to you — a gem."

He scoffs. "Yeah, a dull one — with no shine or anything special about it in particular, like a fake diamond."

"Yeah, okay Scaramouche — goodnight again. I'm actually quite tired."

"Whatever, just let me get a bath in."

~

When Scaramouche returned to the bed, you had already been sleeping. You often fell asleep before he did — in fact, he didn't even sleep because he wasn't even human. He didn't need the rest that a member of the human race did. So most nights, he just day dreamed, because he can't actually dream — and sometimes admired you. Maybe not admire, but watch you sleep, but not in a way that would seem ominous, but one that was comforting; your appearance soothed him, the way you were finally mute — not agitating him and purposely pissing him off, and you just lay there; laying there where nobody can harm you under Scaramouches watch. His watch. Although you looked so at peace while you slept, there were so many other things happening in your head that night that you never thought you would've dreamed of.

~

You had been in a completely vulnerable state — sharing your life to Scaramouche, who is someone who you never thought that you would be sharing this with. Although you liked to joke around with Scaramouche, (in which you had done the joking most of the time — actually, all the time.) your relationship was still on the professional side, being his assistant and all.

You didn't know what went through your mind as you were having a meaningful conversation with Scaramouche, and ended up reading your life book out loud, and he was there to listen. Whenever you told him something, he never took it serious. This time, he did and was so attentive, not rolling his eyes or anything else in character. It's almost as if he was an actual human being with no other emotions rather than anger.

"Look at me," he spoke softly.

"...What?"

"I said look at me."

You turned your gaze to meet his and he cupped your face with one hand, so that if you tried to turn away, he could keep you in his sight.

"I don't know if you wanted inspirational shit or advice or you just wanted me to listen, but I'm listening. I always am. I'm always feeling you, hearing you, and seeing you. You take up all of my five senses and there's nothing I would do about that to change."

"Scara..."

"You don't have to say anything. Just take my word for it."

It wasn't normal for him to be like this — so sentimental. What had made him this way?

Before you knew it, his hands cupped your face. Oh no, you thought. This was never supposed to happen. You were his assistant, and he was your boss. Everything was going the way you hadn't wanted it to be.

That was until, you were woken up by the man that had tried to kiss you prior, in a world where nothing like that would ever happen. It couldn't. It won't. He would never say anything like that. What part of your delusional mind had made him up to be caring, and actually considerate? Scaramouche always talked, never listens. He already hates you — he would never even go as to touching you with a ten foot pole. Or at least, that's what you had thought.

"Wake up bitch," he commanded, as if he had control over your sleep schedule.

(He did, you just didn't want to admit it.)

"Fuck you," you murmured, still half asleep — while also trying to process what the fuck your brain has made to be of Scaramouche.

"Insult me all you want, but you still have to get ready." Scaramouche instructed, whilst he crossed his arms — waiting impatiently for your lazy ass to get up.

You noticed his expression get more stern, and you finally sat yourself upwards on the bed, "chill, 'mouchie, I'm getting up now,"

"The fuck is 'mouchie'" he fumed, while you only laughed in response. "That's just my nickname for you, because you given me so many nicknames — 'bitch', 'lazy ass' and so much more."

"Your point?"

"There is no point. Nicknames are nicknames. Live with it," you muttered boringly.

He looked at you confusingly, as if you had just spoken to him in another language, "...whatever. Just get ready,"

"Okay, but what are we doing today sir?" You asked curiously.

"I don't know. Try to follow the traveler or some shit like that." He muttered, not exactly sure of what his plan should be today.

"...hey, I have a plan."

A/n: hi shitty chapter but um guys...I GOT INTO UNIVERSITY!!! be proud of me and reward me by voting for this chapter pls I need to be rewarded for this hell of a 13 years  (I also haven't edited this chapter bc I'm so tired and um yeah 😍)

Also yk the rules — pm for story ideas, and pm me for constructive criticism. Thanks. Bye!