VI.

a/n: i really hope i'm doing these roman numerals right lmaooo

You heard a pounding at the door, not needing to ask who it was, because you knew there would only be one person banging at your door at 4 in the morning.

"Yes, I know," you groan, hearing the jingles of Scaramouches outfit as he left your doorway. You stretch out your arms and did the usual, getting ready for the day.

You hadn't packed your clothes yesterday, due to being way too exhausted from training and the morning you had with your master.

You felt as if your arms would break off if you did your hair today, so you only brushed it and put it in a low ponytail.

You put on your skirmisher uniform and packed your bag, then left the dorm, only to find Scaramouche still waiting. "You've been there for quite a while, sir."

He replied, clearly annoyed. "Maybe I wouldn't have to stand here for so long if you didn't take 5 goddamn years getting ready,"

"You chose to stand there and wait for me to get ready. At any time, you could've left and came back about 10 minutes later." You calmly snapped back.

Not knowing what to argue back, he replies. "Whatever, let's just go." You both walk to the boat that you were using to sail to Mondstadt, which wasn't like the one that Signora had carried you on.

"This is quite different than the boat I arrived here on," you spoke softly, not expecting your master to hear.

"Brats don't deserve luxury," he sneered, while you ignore him, placing your bag on the boat. Unlike Signora's boat, there was only a few rooms.

'Her boat must've been been a warship or something...' you thought, staring into the distance.

Time passed, and soon enough, you were back in the City of Song and Wind.

"Let's look around the city to get some information from the locals until we're certain of the travelers whereabouts." He said in a boring tone.

Walking onto the bridge, you could see many birds scattered around. You remember that when you used to live in Mondstadt, that the wind was always flowing.

The scenery hadn't changed since you left. The only thing that had changed about Mondstadt since you had left was that there was more of a sense of safety. Was this the traveler's doing? What deeds had the traveler exactly done for everyone to stop being so uptight?

As you observed more, it looked as if nobody had a care in the world. They knew that whatever would happen, their Archon and the traveler would keep them safe.

You started, "We should talk to Katheryne first, there's a definite chance that the traveler joined the Adventurers Guild."

"Ah yes. Great idea Y/n, wouldn't have thought of it. Perhaps I should promote you." He replied sarcastically, rolling his eyes while walking to the Adventurers Guild booth.

You approached the booth, and Katheryne recognized you as soon as arrival. There was a look on her face making it known she was not delighted to see you.

When you first arrived in Mondstadt, you had tried joining the Adventurers Guild in search of money, and for a while they considered you— until they found out how you made your income.

"Ad Astra Abyssosque! Welcome to the Adventurers Guild. How may I help you... Y/n." If she was talking to anyone with zero common sense, they could've believed her kind facade.

"Hello Katheryne! Me and one of my friends have heard about a terrible meteor shower happening around Liyue and Mondstadt, and I know that I'm not a part of the Adventurers Guild, but I would still like to help out." You gave her a smile, that which she returned.

"We would love the extra help! Though since I'm not sure that you're an experience Adventurer, would you like me to send someone who is in the Adventurers Guild with you?" She offered, but since researching the meteors wasn't Your Lords true motives, you politely declined.

"Oh no, Katheryne. Just letting us know where the meteors are located is just more than enough. Could you give me a map and mark some of the more popular locations?" She takes out a map and starts marking locations with X's and gives it to you.

"Please be safe Y/n! Ad Astra Abyssosque!" She exclaimed before you and Scaramouche left the scene.

He mutters. "I could've done that you know, in fact, I could've even gotten the Travelers exact location out of her."

You looked at him, with a skeptic look on your face. "Perhaps, but she would've been suspicious and made us bring one of those Christmas elf-looking adventurers with us. Who knows how fast we would've been caught."

You and Scaramouche were opposites when it came down to stuff like this. He didn't care whether people found out his true motives and in which his ego was so big that he thought he could get away with anything, while you were different. You were sneaky, and oh were you so good at it. Sneaking around was something of major talent, and for you, its one of that you excelled in most.

You've heard many many conversations you shouldn't have, and nobody ever knew but you who listened.

Maybe you were what Scaramouche needed for some of the big ideas he had planned.

Breaking your train of thought, Scaramouche snatched the map from your hands taking a closer look at it.

"Hm, perhaps we should go to Springvale first. It's the closest highly populated town near us, so we shouldn't be far from her." Scaramouche spoke, with his hand on his chin while he thought.

"Yessir." You obeyed.

He chuckled, leaving you confused.

"What amuses you, my lord?" You asked, while he looked at you and answered. "You don't really obey my orders that easily. Are you finally shaping up?"

His answer took you by surprise. What did he mean by that?

"Uh, I suppose. I wouldn't really consider myself difficult, though. Unless you think differently." You murmured, putting your hand on your chin while thinking of how you would be difficult.

"Well, ever since you became my assistant, which hasn't been long, it's hard to get you to talk to me without you arguing." He sighs, while you furrow your brows.

"You're usually the one that gets pissy and has a problem but alrighty." You grumbled while it took everything in him not to throw you off of the bridge you two were walking on.

He replied, annoyed. "Hm, we'll I was about to say that this is the first conversation we've had that you weren't being a complete brat, but we can scrap that idea now."

You scoff, and turn your head away from him. What a dick.

A/n: heyyy it's another shorter chapter but at least I updated right? Anyway, I've been quite inactive for a bit so I apologize for that. I promise the next chapter will be out soon, just don't rush me. Also I didn't proofread this chapter because I'm so sleepy that I may end up fixing something that wasn't even a problem to begin with. Anyway I'll see ya in a bit!