VII.

You had arrived in Springvale and you thought that the town was quite nice. It was quiet and peaceful, with no big drama happening around town. You had always enjoyed Springvale.

Scaramouche had taken note of how so many people knew you and was curious. He guessed you had lived in Mond, but some new you better than others while they were still acquaintances.

"What's the deal with you? You're quite popular around here." He inquired, seeming genuinely interested.

You turned from his gaze as you were embarrassed of your past occupation. "Well... you know those plants and herbs that are erm...illegal? I sold those and actually had an okay salary. Not as good as the Fatui's salary though!" You slightly smiled at Scaramouche.

He blatantly replied. "Thank god it was only that. I at first thought you were some whore."

"My Lord! Gosh, you can't say that. You're so noisy." You scoffed, still not meeting his gaze.

He chuckled quietly. "It's entertaining seeing you so embarrassed. You're always so uptight."

You scoff at his response and see that the blonde traveler is not to be seen. You thought back on the description: Foreign clothes, golden hair and eyes, along with a sun-kissed complexion and freckles.
(^some of my personal hc's)

"It appears as if she's not here, shall we go check the next place on the map? Maybe we were too late." You asked while he peered over your shoulder to look on the map. How close he was made you uncomfortable. You could practically feel and hear his breath on your neck, giving you goosebumps.

Breaking the tensioned silence, you spoke quietly. "I do want to look around at the meteors, the topic intrigues me."

"We have a week, so I suppose you can observe them," you take a step from your lords figure, but he stops you in your tracks grabbing your arm."ah— you get ten minutes. After that, we go onto paying a visit to Dawn Winery."

You give him a nod and begin investigating. Looking around the people who touched the meteorites, it almost looked as if some were lifeless, and some were some of the most restless sleepers.

After about ten minutes of looking around, Scaramouche calls you over to start walking to Dawn Winery.

"What'd you see?" Scaramouche asked looking ahead of where you guys were going. You replied nonchalantly. "Nothing that would pique your interest, but their sleeping patterns would vary.

As Katheryne said, they were in a deep sleep, not a coma. So some of them looked as if they were in a coma, and some looked restless. I overheard someone say that their dreams lured them in to keep sleeping. It was quite eerie."

Scaramouche nodded at your response, walking along the path to dawn winery. He always had thought of Mondstadt as one of the most peaceful of all 7 Nations. The wind had always been flowing a soft breeze, and it always seemed as if there was a soft hymn playing in the air where ever you went.

"Although I wasn't raised here, I feel like Mondstadt is home. It's such a lovely place, I wish I had lived here my whole life. Signora finding me and recruiting me was quite an experience, but I wonder what would've happened if I didn't accept her offer. Would I had moved back to Fontaine? Perhaps move to Liyue or Sumeru for a change of scenery? I'm not completely sure." You thought aloud, not realizing you said everything.

"You're from Fontaine? Explains the rudeness." Your master interrupted your peace, making you realize you had said every word you just thought.

"...I did not mean to share that much. My apologies, Lord Scaramouche." The use of his actual name took him by surprise. You had only referred to him as 'sir' or 'my lord'. Then again, he never used your real name, so he wasn't sure of what how you would refer to each other as.