Chapter 6

We both go to the bus station and take a bus to DC. Sure it seems unreasonable but we took the travel bus there. Once were in the bus we both get weird stares from the people especially me because of my shield and Bree says to me, "How are we gonna stop them, Steve? I mean we're the only ones who know the real reason S.H.I.E.L.D. is acting like this.". I grab her hand and look at her, "We'll stop them. I know we can." I say and she smiles and kisses my cheek. After an hour on the bus Breena falls asleep and I stay awake a little while longer thinking on how we would stop Hydra. I mean this is still all so new to me. I feel a hand on my shoulder and I turn to face it. I see Bree awake and looking at me concerned. "Did I wake you up?" I ask her turning in my seat to face her. "No, you didn't" she says and I nod.

"What's wrong?" she asks.

"Nothing" I respond.

"Steve."

"Nothing, Bree, promise."

"Somehow, I don't believe that."

I look at her and smile and she smiles back. "You can tell me, Steve, it's ok." she says. "I was just thinking of how we can stop Hydra that's it" I respond to her looking down. "Everything is gonna be fine. We'll stop them. You said so yourself." she says to me and I smile and look at her. "Get some rest, Steve, you need it" she says and lays her head on my shoulder and falls asleep again. I lay my head on top of hers and I close my eyes and sleep.

***

We get to DC at 6:30 in the morning. The bus hit traffic badly on the way back so we were stuck on the road for a while. "So, where are we gonna stay? They're gonna look everywhere for us." Bree says. "I know where to go." I say and grab her hand and we both walk. We get to a house and knock on the back door and we see Sam raise the blinds and open it. "Hey, man" he says looking at us. "I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lay low." I say to him. "Everyone we know is trying to kill us" Bree says to him. He looks at the both of us and responds, "Not everyone". We both head inside and look around the home. It was painted a light green.

We both wait for Sam to get in and he asks, "So may I ask who you are?" he asks motioning to Bree. "I'm Breena Garcia" she responds to his question, "And you are?" she asks him. "Sam Wilson" he answers shaking her hand. "Alright, well, go freshen up in the bedroom down the hall and to the left" he says and we walk over there. Bree is the first one to clean up and then I walk in there taking my shirt and jacket off leaving the tank top I had underneath. After I'm done I look over to Breena who's drying her hair with the towel and I walk over to her. "You ok?" I ask leaning on the doorway and look at her a bit concerned. "Yeah" she responds looking towards me. I throw the small towel in the hamper and walk over to her. I sit across from her looking into her brown eyes. "What's going on?" I ask her and she looks at me her eyes just looking into mine.

"When I first joined S.H.I.E.L.D. I thought I was going straight. But I guess that I was working for Hydra/S.H.I.E.L.D.. I thought I knew who's lies I was telling, but I guess I can't tell the difference anymore." she says

"There's a chance you might be in the wrong business." I say to her and she smiles.

"I owe you."

I shake my head no and say, "It's ok."

"If it was the other way around, and it was down to me to save your life, and you be honest with me, would you trust me to do it?" she asks.

"I wouldn't how, and I'm always honest" I respond and she smiles and grabs my hand.

"Well you seem pretty chipper for someone who just found out they died for nothing." I smirk and lean back on the chair.

"Wow, guess I like to know who I'm fighting."

We kind of have a moment and then we hear Sam say, "I made breakfast if you guys eat that sort of thing". I look at her and get up, "Wanna go eat breakfast?" I ask her offering a hand up. "Yeah, I do" she responds taking my hand in hers and we walk to the kitchen after I throw a gray shirt on. When we get there I see that Sam set up a plate full of bacon, eggs, and pancakes. After eating, Bree sits on the kitchen counter top and I sit at the table facing her. "So, the question is who in S.H.I.E.L.D. can launch a domestic missile strike?" Bree asks. "Pierce." I respond looking out the window.

"Who happens to be sitting on top of the secure building in the world." Bree says getting off the counter walking towards me.

"He's not working alone. Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star."

"So was Jasper Sitwell." I turn to face Breena.

"So, the real question is, how did the two most wanted people in Washington kidnap an officer in broad daylight?"

"The answer is you don't" Sam says throwing a cream colored folder in front of me with a picture on top.

I get up, look at the picture and ask, "What's this?". "Call it a resume." he says leaning on the counter. Bree picks the picture up and stares at it, "Is this Bakhmala Khalid Khandil mission? That was you?" Bree says looking at Sam. "You didn't say it was a Para rescue." she says and I grab the picture. "Is this Riley?" (A/N: Ok I know I skipped that part and maybe others but bear with me) I ask looking at him. He nods and says, "Yeah". "I heard that they couldn't bring in the choppers because of the RPG's. What'd you use? A stealth chute?" Bree asks and I stare at the picture. "No" he says picking up the folder labeled Exo-7 Falcon and I open it to see a picture of mechanical wings. "I thought you said you were a pilot?" I ask him. "I never said pilot" he says to me with a smirk and I smirk back.

"I can't ask you to do this, Sam. You got out for a good reason" I say.

"Dude, Captain America needs my help. There's no better reason to get back in."

"Where can we get our hands on one of these things?"

"The last one is at Fort Meade. Behind three guarded gates and a 12 inch steel wall."

I look at Bree and she shrugs, "Shouldn't be a problem." I say throwing the folder back on the table.

****

We get to Fort Meade and I start to plan out how were gonna get the wings. "Bree your gonna teleport inside with Sam and try to get access on the suit. If that fails tell them its for something important and classified." I say and she nods. "Wait, she can teleport?" Sam asks both of us and we nod. "I also have telekinesis." she says with a smirk. We parked a few feet away from the fort and I see Bree and Sam disappear.

*Breena's POV*

I teleport both Sam and I inside the building and see that it was just like Sam described it. The suit was behind three guarded gates and a 12 inch steel wall. I look at Sam and he nods, "We know what we gotta do. So let's get the suit." I say to him. We both walk in the room and guards stop us saying, "Both of you don't have clearance here". "I'm with S.H.I.E.L.D., I'm here to collect the suit for classified purposes" I say to the guard. He looks at me then at Sam, "Then why is he here?" he asks me. "To help me transport this to S.H.I.E.L.D.. Ask anymore questions and I will report this to the government on how you refuse to hand the suit over." I say to him pissed off. "Yes, ma'am. Let them pass!" he tells the guards and they open the gates and lower the wall.

We walk through the hallway and we see the suit. The glass door lowers and we grab the suit. "Teleport us out?" he says to me and I smile. I put my hand on his shoulder and teleport both of us back in the car with Steve. When were in the car we both see Steve look at the mirror looking at both of us. "Ok then, let's go." he says and starts the car and drive off back to the city. "So, what's next, Captain?" I ask leaning over to talk to Steve. "Next, we find out how we're gonna get Sitwell to give us information about Zola's algorithm." he responds and I nod and sit back in my seat.

"Should be a piece of cake." I say cracking my knuckles and smirking.