Chapter 12

*Breena's POV*

"Steve Rogers, don't you dare do this to me" I say trying to hide my sadness to Steve who wants Hill to shoot the helicarriers down now. I blocked Hill with my hand but the look on her face said she didn't want to do it either. "I'm sorry, Bree," I hear his voice though the com say and tears fill my eyes as I turn to the window and see the helicarriers shooting each other, "I love you" I hear him say after a short pause. This makes the tears fall and my sadness more noticeable, "I love you too" I say putting a hand up against the window. There's something I have to do to save Steve. I don't want him to die, not yet.

"Steve, I'm coming to get you." I say the sadness in my voice still noticeable.

"Bree, don't. That's an order." he responds.

"Order or not, your not gonna die on me, Steve! I want you here, with me"

"I'm sorry" is all I hear from him and his com goes offline.

"Steve?" I ask hoping to still hear his voice the tears running down my cheeks. "Steve?!" I ask again but more louder and Hill walks over to me to comfort me but I teleport outside at the edge of the forest and the ocean as I see the Charlie carrier in front of me falling into pieces little by little. I still have hope that he's alive in there and that he'll jump into the water and swim to safety. "Hill, where's Steve? You got a location on Rogers?" I hear Natasha ask through the com. "He's still in the Charlie carrier" I answer her question still looking at the carrier to see if I can find Steve anywhere.

After a while I see something fall from the carrier. A person wearing a red, white, and blue suit, Steve. He never turned to land safely in the water he stayed in the position he was in. He was too far for me to pull him in with my telekinesis so I say through the com, "I found him, but he seems to be unconscious and I can't reach him". He falls in the water and I yell, "Steve!" hoping that he would swim out but I doubt it. I was about to dive in the water myself when I see another human figure fall from the carrier with a metal arm, Bucky. He falls into the water and swims to shore dragging something with him. I hide behind the tree so he wouldn't notice me when he got to shore. That's when I see the red, white, and blue uniform being dragged across the floor. I reveal myself from my hiding position and look at an unconscious Steve with a sad expression. Then I look at Bucky who looks at me wide eyed expecting me to do something to him. He drops Steve on the ground and I run over to his body on the floor. Bucky stays there not doing anything just watching to see if Steve's alive.

I see the he has a cut on his cheek, a bullet in his stomach and the back of his leg, and a bruised face. "Steve?" I ask the sadness coming back again, "Steve, wake up, please!" I say sobbing and shaking him gently. Then he breaths and relief fills me and I smile and giggle a little thankful that he's alive. I look over to Bucky with a serious face and he looks over to me the same way expecting me to kick his ass or something. "Thank you" I say to him with a small smile on my face and he nods his head and leaves. "Bucky," I call him back and he turns to face me, "you should go to the Smithsonian Museum. You'll learn more about your past there" I tell him. He nods and says to me, "I will. Thanks for telling me that". "No problem, it's the least I could do" I say and after a few seconds of just staring at each other he walks away. I look at the unconscious soldier and say on the com, "If anyone can read me, I have Captain Rogers. He's alive but needs medical attention". "An ambulance is headed to your location, Bree" I hear Hill say.

I wait there for a minute just looking at Steve, then the paramedics come and look at him. "What happened?" they ask me but I keep my focus on Steve. "Bullet in both stomach and back of the right leg, bruised face, and a cut on his cheek." I say to them as they put Steve on a gurney and roll him to the ambulance. "He's stable, we need to treat him right away" a nurse says to another nurse as I follow them to the ambulance. I climb in the ambulance and look at Steve and grab his hand. "I love you" I heard him say that as the helicarriers were being shot. "Please, be ok, Steve." I whisper to his unconscious body. "You really love him, don't you?" the nurse in front of me asks. I look at her then back at Steve and nod, "He'll be ok. That's our job, to make sure the patients are ok" she says to me. I look up at her and give her a small smile and she smiles back.

When we get to the hospital, I held his hand until they went into the emergency room. This brought a sense of deja vu when Nick was in the hospital. I stand behind the glass and watch as they work on Steve. Taking the bullets out of his stomach and his leg. I put a hand on the window looking through it worriedly. "Athena, what's your location" I hear Natasha say through the com. "The hospital" I reply to her my voice still in its sadden tone. I never heard another response or an order to go back. Instead I see Sam, Natasha, and Hill run in the room an hour later. "What did they do to him so far?" Sam asks. "Took out the bullets, and cleaned the blood up. He's fine though" I say and we hear them finish and roll him out. I run out of the room and try to run for Steve but two male nurses stop me. "Steve!" I yell as I try to get through again and they hold me back. "I'm sorry ma'am your not allowed back there" one of the male nurses tell me as I try to break through them. Sam pulls me back and says, "Breena, it'll be ok. He'll be fine, ok?" I look at him, the tears pouring out of my eyes. I nod and he pulls me into a hug. We leave the hospital the tears still streaming down my face. Sam had promised me that we'd come back tomorrow to see him. I didn't argue with him I just stayed quiet and we left.