Chapter 9

*Steve's POV*

After an hour or so, we arrived at a building where no one could find us. I get out of the van first, then I help Breena down and Sam gets down last. I carry Breena bridal style inside as she holds a rag to her wound. "GSW she's lost at least a pint" Hill yells to a man running over telling him about Bree's condition. "Maybe two" Sam yells to the man also. "Let me take her" the man with glasses says to us. "She'll want to see him first" Hill says and I look at Bree who looks at Hill confusingly. We walk through the hallway and see a curtained room. As Hill opens the curtains both Breena and I look inside and see someone familiar on the bed and we look at him in shock. "About damn time" Fury says looking at us.

"Ok, Agent Garcia, can you please come with me so we can fix up that wound." the man with the glasses says to Bree.

"No, take the bullet out here. I wanna ask Fury some questions of my own." she says

"Yes, ma'am. I'll be back with supplies." he says and runs off.

I place Breena on the chair in the corner of the room and the man comes back with the bag of supplies. I see her take off her leather jacket and her pink ruffled shirt leaving her with a black tank top. The man cleans the blood around the wound and pulls the bullet out and I see Breena wince a little. "I can take it from here" she says to the man. "No, we need to apply pressure to stop the bleeding and stitches" he responds to her. "I can heal myself, I can do this on my own." she says to him. "Alright, let me just add pressure to stop the bleeding" he says and she nods. "Wait, she can heal too?!" Sam asks and Bree giggles and nods. The man grabs a clean rag from the table. He adds pressure to Bree's wound and she winces a bit and Fury asks motioning to Sam, "Who's this?". "Sam Wilson" Sam says introducing himself and nodding towards Fury which he responds in the same manner. "Lacerated spinal column, cracked sternum, shattered collar bone, perforated liver, and one hell of a headache" he says listing his injuries. "Don't forget about your collapsed lung" the man helping Breena says. "Let's not forget that. Otherwise, I'm good." he says.

"They cut you open. Your heart stopped" Breena says to him.

"Tetrodotoxin B. Slows the pulse to one beat per minute. Banner developed it for stress. Didn't work so great for him, but we found the use for it." he says to Bree.

"Why all the secrecy? Why not just tell us?" I ask him getting annoyed with all these secrets.

"Any attempt on the Director's life had to look successful" Hill answers my question.

"Can't kill you if your already dead. Besides, I didn't know who to trust" Fury says.

I look over to Bree and she looks mad at Fury too. "Then why do you say that you trusted me with the mission I was assigned to do" she says angrily. "I had trust in you, Agent Garcia, I watched you since you saved the people in the building and way before that too. All you wanted was to be a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent and that's what you got." he tells her. "Yeah, and look where it's gotten us! Hydra is out there telling real S.H.I.E.L.D. agents that we betrayed them! Now they're after us! I'm done with secrets too, Fury, so you either get your shit together and actually be the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D., or you can lay your ass on that bed and me, Rogers, and Wilson will handle this!" she yells at him frustrated. I would usually tell her to watch her mouth, but at this point I agree with her. Fury just stares at her with a serious face like nothing happened and gets up out of the bed and walks away with Hill to get something. Sam follows them but I stay back and wait for Bree to be finished. "Ok, your good" the man says and walks away leaving the two of us in the room.

I see her breathe deeply and she puts her right hand up to her wound and I see a bright blue light emerge healing the wound. After a few minutes she pulls her hand away and I see her wound fully healed, "Shocking, huh?" she says staring at me with a smile. I look into her brown eyes and smile back, "Not really. I've seen worse." I respond to her and she blushes. "Does it feel weird to do that?" I ask her. "No, it doesn't. It's just like a tingling sensation, because it's healing your tissue and skin" she responds. I nod and look at her, "Can you show me?" I ask her. "Yeah, but it requires you to get a cut." she says and I look around and see the man left his medical kit. I grab a scalpel and cut my hand wincing a little. I look at her and ask with a smile, "Will that do?". She giggles and shakes her head and walks over to me. She puts her hand over mine and I see the blue light again over my hand. She was right, it did have a tingling sensation. After a minute the blue light diminishes and I look at my hand to see it healed. "Yup, you're right" I say looking at her and she smiles.