Chapter 15

Both Breena and I walked together hand in hand through the city. "Where do you wanna eat?" I ask Breena she looks at me and smiles. "How about we eat something simple." she says to me with a smile. "So, the café 2 blocks down?" I ask her. She looks down at the ground and smiles, "Sure, why not" she says looking back at me. I smile and we walk over to the café hand in hand.

When we get to the café, we take our seats and get our menus. I scan through the menu and see that they have salads, pastas, soups, anything you can think of basically. "Welcome to Sally's café, my name's Heather, and I'll be your waitress this afternoon. What would you like to drink?" she asks. "I'll just take a coffee" I say to her and look at Breena. "I'll take a Diet Coke" Bree says and the waitress nods and leaves. "So, what are you thinking of getting?" I ask her. "I was thinking about getting the penne pesto with feta, or the chicken gnocchi soup." she says looking at me, "And you? What are you gonna get?" she asks me. "I was thinking about tropical salad, or a turkey bacon sandwich" I said to her.

"Ooh, the tropical salad sounds good" she says to me.

"Then I might just get that" I say to her closing the menu and smiling at her.

"Are you guys ready to order?" the waitress comes and asks laying the drinks on the table.

"Yeah, I'll have a tropical salad" I say to her.

"I'll have the penne pesto" Breena says and hands the menu to the waitress.

The waitress nods and leaves again and I look at Breena with a smile. "So, we don't know much about each other" I say to her grabbing her hand. "So let's find out more" Breena says smiling at me with that smile of hers. "Tell me what you like" I says to her leaning forward a little. "Ok, well, I like to sing. I grew up with two brothers and one little sister. We all grew up listening to music throughout the house and danced everywhere. Then I found out about my powers. Turns out that one of my brothers had powers too. We trained with my mom until I was 16 and we trained on our own." she says with a smile. "I liked everything about my life, until my mom died 3 years ago. I was sad for at least a month. Then Nick showed up one day at a place I was at and he took me to S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters. I didn't know who he was at first but then he told me he wanted to recruit me and I accepted. I started to like my life again while training with Natasha. Then I was given my first mission and I loved my life after that."

"What about you soldier? What do you like?" she asks me with a smile leaning forward.

"I liked my life in the 1940's. I mean sure I was skinny and I was beaten up a lot. But I had confidence in myself. I kept volunteering for the army and lied a few times on the paper and I got rejected a lot because of my size and shape." I began to say, "Then, while I was out with Bucky, there was a military tent and I volunteered again. A doctor interrogated me and approved me for the military. I didn't know why but then he told me that he would try the super soldier serum on me to see if it would do wonders and I had no fear of what the serum would do. I went along with the serum and this happened" I say motioning to myself, "After that I found love, fought in the war, froze for over 70 years, woke up in the 21st century with all this technology, fought an alien attack, found out my best friend is alive, and found love again" I finish saying looking at her.

Breena looked at me and smiled, "Well, you seem to be getting use to this century, since the 19th century was kind of low in tech it evolved over time" she said blushing. I smile at her and then our food comes and I let go of her hand. Then the waitress left and I looked at Breena with a smile and she smiles back at me. We ate and the food was pretty good. After that we just waited for the check and left. "So, where to next?" Bree asks me and I stare at her. "I don't know" I say to her with a smirk.

"Ice cream?" she asks.

"Sure" I reply.

"I know this place around the corner that has good ice cream"

"Yeah, that sounds good" I tell her and we walked there.

We get to the ice cream parlor, which is called "Cold Stone" , and I see that they have a lot of ice cream flavors and toppings. "You wanna split an ice cream?" Bree asks me and I nod looking at the toppings that they mix in the ice cream and all the ice cream flavors. "You want cookie doughn't you want some. It's vanilla ice cream with cookie dough, and chocolate and caramel syrup. It's really good." she says and I smile at her. I nod and she orders the ice cream and I pay for it. We ate the ice cream as we walked to the park and talked a little. "Ok, favorite movie?" I ask her as she grabs a spoonful of ice cream and puts it in her mouth. She swallows the ice cream and replies to my question, "Um, Catching Fire. What about you?". "Um, probably Star Trek" I said to her and she looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Star Trek isn't that good. Star Wars is a classic, it's 10 times better than Star Trek" Breena says and I look at her. "Really? Well, I've only watched the first one so I need to watch the rest" I say to her and she nods. "Hell yeah you do" she says chuckling a little and I laugh.

We finished the ice cream, which was really good, and we just walk around with out hands intertwined with each other. We stop to see a man playing a guitar and I look over to Breena. "Oh, I love this song" she says and sings to it. 'Your the light your the night your the color of my blood. Your cure your the pain your the only I wanna touch. Never knew that it could mean so much. So much. Your fear I don't care, 'cause I've never been so high. Follow me through the dark let me take you past our satellites. You can see the world you brought to life. To life. So love me like you do lo- lo- love me like you do. Love me like you lo-lo-love me like you do. Touch me like you do to- to- touch me like you do what are you waiting for'. She sings with her eyes closed and I let go of her hand and back away letting her have the spotlight. A crowd forms around us and they watch her sing beautifully and I smile.

When she was done singing she opened her eyes and looked at the crowd around her in shock. Everyone applauded for her and she smiled and looked at me with her brown eyes. She walked up to me and I grabbed her hand again as the crowd still applauds. I smile at her and she smiles back at me. "Was I really that good?" she asks me with a smile and I nod. "Your more than good, your amazing" I told her and her smile grows wider. "Thanks, Steve" she says as the crowd dims down. I look at her and she smiles with her knowing smile. I lean in and she does the same and our lips connect making me feel the electricity that's flowing through my body. I pull back and lean my forehead on hers and smile.

"I love you, Bree." I say.

"I love you too, Steve." she says and I kiss her again.