Chapter 8

As we're on the freeway, I keep my eye on Sitwell to make sure he doesn't pull a trick on us. I look over to Steve and Sam who stay quiet in the front seat, "Hydra doesn't like leaks." Sitwell says. "Then why don't you try sticking a cork in it" Sam snaps back. "Insight's launching in 16 hours we're cutting it a little close here" I say leaning over to Steve and Sam. "I know, you just need to bypass the DNA scans and access the helicarriers manually." Steve replies and I sit back. "What?!" Sitwell begins to say but no one pays attention, "Are you crazy?! That is a terrible, terrible idea". Suddenly we hear something land on the roof of the car and a metal arm breaks the window taking Sitwell and throwing him out.

I look only to see Sitwell get run over by a truck and the metal arm take a gun out. I think I know who's on the roof of the car but I need it confirmed. All I know is that he's trying to kill us right now, so I crawl onto Steve's lap and take out my gun from the back. Steve grabs his shield and bullets start coming from the roof. Steve puts the car on park and making the person fall off and my thoughts were correct. The Winter Soldier was standing in front of us and I brought my gun out to shoot him when a car hits us from behind. I dropped my gun on the floor as the truck moves us closer to the Winter Soldier. He jumps on top of the car again and I struggle to find my gun on the floor. Sam hits the breaks trying to stop the car from moving further and make the Winter Soldier fall off again.

The Winter Soldier breaks the windshield and rips the steering wheel out of Sam's hands. "SHIT!" Sam yells and I find my gun in time and try to shoot the Winter Soldier. Since the car had no steering wheel we were free driving on the freeway. The truck hits us again and we crash into the wall. Steve opens the car door unbuckles his seat belt and breaks the hinges off the door. "Hang on!" he yells to the both of us and I wrap my arm around his neck and he grabs Sam. As the car flips over we fall out and land on the concrete with the car door shielding us. Sam rolled off and Steve kept a protective arm around me making sure I didn't fall as we were dragged along the concrete.

Both Steve and I get up from the door and we see the Winter Soldier with a missile launcher aiming at both Steve and I. Steve tells me to run and he blocks the missile with his shield making him fly back and hit the car behind him and over the wall into a bus. Bullets were being shot at me and Sam so we both take cover behind cars. I take out my gun and try to shoot them as much as possible. Sam's suit was still in the car in the back seats, thankfully the car was still in tact just not destroyed from the back seats. The Winter Soldier shoots another missile at me and I dodge by jumping over the wall and dodging the in coming cars. They keep shooting at me as I run and another missile was shot at the car behind me as I jump off the bridge and teleport myself safely on the ground. I run to the other side and his shadow waiting for me to come out and shoot me or he might be looking for Steve. I see him looking around to see where Steve might be hiding. I see him get his gun ready to shoot the bus where Steve had landed and I shoot him from below hitting his goggles. I run to the truck on the left of the bus and take cover there. I see him shoot where I shot him before and I try to shoot him again. I take cover as he shoots at me again this time getting closer so I take off running knowing he'll follow me.

The other gunners try to shoot me down but they can't since I'm a good distance away and running fast. I run down the street and I hear a car explode, I know he's on my trail. I record myself saying, "I make an LZ 2300 Virginia Avenue, rendezvous 2 minutes" and hide the device behind the car and teleport myself to look behind him. He takes the bait and I jump out from behind the car and kick the gun out of his hand and I sit on top of him taking a wire out of my cuff underneath and I try to choke him. He backs up to a car behind him and throws me on another car in front. I fall to the ground and look up at him. I use my telekinesis to push him back hitting the car worse than before and I take off running with a limp. "Get out of the way! Stay out of the way!" I yell to civilians telling them to get out. All of a sudden I get hit with a bullet on my shoulder. I could heal it but I need to get the bullet out. I look around trying to spot him anywhere but I find him nowhere. Then I hear something jump on a car and I see him standing there ready to shoot me.