1.0

'one way ticket to love' was a poem vance hopper — an average height male in the 9th grade with long blonde curly hair and ocean blue eyes — wrote for someone in the same grade. bruce yamada, he was the same height as vance and he had short black hair with curtain bangs. bruce's eyes were brown like soil — like the soil he played on when he was playing baseball.
'ok, yeah! talk to you later!' bruce nodded and side smiled to the group of girls in their grade as he walked backwards to his locker. he and vance had lockers beside each other, so vance could quickly get out of getting caught putting the poem in his locker vent. when bruce was a few inches to his locker he turned around. vance almost got caught admiring bruce, but luckily he turned his head in time before then.
     'hey, you're vance hopper?' bruce asks him. vance was new to this school because he transferred from another not so far from the gallesburg school.
     'uh.. yeah,' vance gulped nervously hoping that he could get away somehow.
     *ding, dong* the bell echoed from the speakers.
     'got to go, cya later alligator!' vance said awkwardly as he ran away. bruce looked at him run away in confusion.

     'cya later alligator?!' vance hit his head with his fist repeatedly. the doorbell rings and vance goes down three stairs to the living room. he opened the door and saw bruce yamada at his doorstep.
     'what are you doing he—' bruce covered vance's mouth and pulled him outside. vance's arm was still grabbing on the outdoor knob, so it shut behind them.
     'i found this in my locker, and it told me to met someone here..' he points at the address on the paper and the address on their brick wall. 'so.. where's your sister?'
     'what sister?' vance asked cluelessly. 'oh.. oh! right yeah! you mean uh.. vivian?' vance quickly made up a name to get out of the mess that it would've caused. 'she's out of town, right now.'
     'ok cool, can you tell her i'm not interested?' bruce said. 'don't tell a soul i said this, but i'm actually more attracted to males.' vance looked shocked.
     'i'll take it to the grave,' he insisted. bruce nodded and started walking off slowly while waving back at him. vance waved back and then headed inside to his room. he turned on his boom box and did a weird little 'i'm so happy!!' dance to his favourite song. he looked back to see his blinds weren't lowered and bruce was looking through his window. vance gave him an awkward little smile and bruce just smiled and put up a thumbs up.
     'that was.. embarrassing,' vance said as he felt his face heat up. he laid flat on his bed face up. he remembered the exact words on the poem and why he must've mistaken it to be from a female.
     ' i bought a one way ticket to love,

      a little white bird delivered it called a dove.

      i bought the ticket so their's no going back now,

      you're the person i want to write my vow {to}

      meet me at this address,

                                                {••••••••} '
     bruce yamada had no clue of vance hoppers feelings for him but that didn't matter to vance. he was happy that bruce just noticed his existence. maybe this would be a happy ending in vance hoppers life, at least that's what he thought. no way to know what'll happen until you figure it out by experiencing it yourself.

word count; 592
the poem is trash because i made it in under a minute 💀😿.