9.0

(this is a moment)

    'we should just make vanilla, red velvet is to hard to make and i don't have any red velvet cake mix,' vance says looking in the cupboards. 'only vanilla.'
     'we can make it by scratch,' bruce suggests. 'i do that all the time.'
     'won't that take a long time though?' vance asks him.
     'yeah duh, but if we start now we can finish quicker!'

one hour later

     'i said 2 eggs no 4!' bruce sighs. 'we'll just have to scoop them out.
     'and put them where?' vance asks as bruce gets a big spoon to scoop the eggs out of the bowl.
     'i don't know? we can cook them or something,
they haven't touch any of the other contents yet.'
     'i want a sunny side up,' vance says smiling.

     'vance you forgot the butter! how do you forget the butter?' bruce shouts with flour all over his face and his apron. vance takes his gloves off.
     'well it's still liquidy, we can add it in.'
     'uh ok, you try that and tell me if it works,' bruce looks as if he doesn't trust vance doing that one bit.

     'finally we finished!' vance sighs wiping his sweat off with the rag he used to put the cake batter in the oven.
     'what's that burning smell?' bruce sniffs and runs to the oven. 'i said put it on 350 not 450!' bruce quickly turns it off and and takes it out. 'great!'

try two

     'ok i'm putting it in the oven this time,' bruce says snatching the rag from vance. he turns the knob to 350 and sets everything down. 'now we just need to clean everything and we can chill.'

     'we should watch tv!' vance suggests.
     'alright,' bruce shrugs and just goes with it.

20 minutes later

     'the cake should be down by now, i'll go check on it,' bruce says standing up and walking to the kitchen. 'oh shoot, i forgot to turn it on bake.'
     'are you serious right now?' vance sighs.

     'see it was worth it!' bruce says biting into the delicious red moist cake.
     'no it wasn't,' vance admits. 'but this is good cake, better than your moms.'
     'vance—' bruce interrupts himself by sighing and shaking his head. vance chuckles and kisses bruce on the cheek without hesitation. bruce's face heats up, he looks directly at the plate trying not to make it obvious, except it was.

word count; 404
my phone is about to die 😢