10.0

'oh come on vance!' annie looked at him in disappointment. 'you have to go to the halloween party! it's the only fun us junior high students get!' anne points out.
'yes, but who said i wanted to experience that fun?' vance says making bruce and anne both look down at their feet. vance paused for a second. 'well alright, i'll go to this halloween party.' annie and bruce's heads rose up again.
'yes! you're not gonna regret this!' bruce ran over and hugged him. vance's face heated up a bit because he wasn't expecting the embrace. then bruce kissed him on the cheek, vance thought his skin had to be as red as his mom's lipstick now.
'don't think much of it,' bruce said winking and running of to his next class.
'don't think much of it? the hell is that supposed to mean?' vance thought as he walked off to his next class with annie following behind him.
'yes! this is gonna be so much fun, like going to an actual party other than my younger cousins birthday parties.' annie says quietly.
     'well, that's honestly sad.' vance admits.
     'yeah i know. that's why i need this though!' annie says. 'this is gonna be so exciting!' annie jumps up and down. 'ok well bye vance,' she says while waving heading down the hall to her next class. vance sighs as he walks into his classroom. everyone is surrounding a new student, she has brown hair and dark brown eyes. her teeth are white and straight, really showing her pale pink glossy lips. she chews her gum and starts twirling it with her white manicured nails, or pedicured he couldn't tell.
     'eh..' vance said quietly so no one heard him.

     'there's a new girl,' vance says as he uses all his might to open the door which i jammed stuck. 'her hair is brown and she has brown eyes. her lips are glossy and her teeth could probably show your reflection.' he says in a boring voice with no emotion.
     she looks over because she wants to see for herself, the new student smiles at annie.
     'can a smile make you fall in love in 2.34 seconds?' annie asks as she smiles back.
     'you're strange, you know that? you could literally fall in love with any girl that gives you the littlest bit of attention.'
     'it doesn't matter, she probably doesn't like females anyway..' annie says in a sigh.
     'oh.. well sucks for you,' vance says. he never really knew how to comfort people or how to handle being comforted, he'd normally just joke around and hope the best of it.
     'vance, wow no need to be mean,' annie jokes around. 'hey so the party is tomorrow,' annie mentions.
     'no shit, it's gonna be halloween.' vance points out making annie feel a bit dumbfounded.
     'well doesn't matter. all i'm saying is, be there.' annie said finally leaving when the bell to leave finally rang.
     'wait where's bru— eh whatever,' vance got his jacket and his shoulder bag. 'it's raining, but at least i got a jean coat..' he looked in disappointment because it didn't have a hood.
     'hey vance!' bruce runs over to him. 'let's go!' bruce says putting on his rain jacket that his parents forced him to bring. 'oh your coat has no hood, i have an extra in my bag!' bruce says pulling it out. it was yellow and looked to big for bruce and perfect for vance.
     'thanks.'

     (extra moment)
      'oh come on vance! do it once please,' mrs. hopper begged with her camera out.
     'fine..' vance sighed.
     'i'm ketchup!' bruce shouts smiling.
     'and i'm mustard..' vance says with no enthusiasm.
     'and together we're ketchup and mustard!' they say at the same time, except bruce is happy and cheery and vance sounds like he wants to die.

word count; 640
ketchup and mustard!!