12.0

rumours has spread that bruce had gotten with someone named finney blake after vance broke up with him at regina's halloween party.
'hey vance,' annie said walking over with chanel.
     'hey annie, hi chanel,' vance said.
     'hi,' chanel replied quietly.
     'look vance, we feel horrible about what happened.' annie explained.
     'yeah, well what're you gonna do? life's a bitch and then you die right?'
'sometimes life's a bitch and then you keep living,' chanel mentions.
     'yeah,' vance agrees.
     *ding dong* the bell rings and they all go their separate ways.

     'how was school hun?' caroyln asks as she sits on the couch. her short blonde hair is in a bun instead of her usual curls held by a punch of hairspray. her blue eyes are locked on the daily newspaper.
     'it was.. normal,' vance replies hanging up his bag on the coat rack. 'i'm going upstairs,' he says as he takes off his shoes and runs up the stairs.
'aw, my sweat pea has grown up, he used to kiss me on the cheek before he went upstairs..' caroyln sighed. she went to the attic and got a cardboard box.
'i haven't watched these in forever,' she sighed again. the box had tape on the side and the words 'my little vance' were written on it in black sharpie.

'hey mom,' vance says as he walks down the stairs. he notices she's watching old videos of vance from when he was younger. this tape was one he hadn't remembered until now, caroyln hopper and camilla yamada were friends in their high school years and they forced their children — bruce and vance — to be friends too. this tape was of vance's 5th birthday, vance blew out his candles and then scooped up some frosting and threw it at everyone else their. 'honey stop that!' vance's mother had said, and he disobeyed her. when he finally threw some at bruce, he was the only one who didn't start crying and actually found it kind of funny, he threw some at vance and they both ended up punished in time out with frosting on their faces.
     'yeah hun?' she asked pausing the television and looking up at vance who paused from running down the stairs.
     'never mind,' he said as he went back upstairs.

     vance had nothing to do, his stomach felt empty making him want to vomit, but he knew he couldn't eat because he felt like he needed to vomit. so he decided to invite his friends robin arellano and antonio javes — grab n' go kid — for milkshakes.

     'hey guys,' vance says walking into the same building him and bruce had their first date.
     'hey vance,' robin replies as he ties his bandana back on. 'this has been a little piece of crap today, it keeps falling down.' vance chuckles.
     'where's antonio?' he asks him.
     'dunno, isn't he right over there?' robin asks pointing to someone walking over. it was bruce.
     'i said antonio not bruce dipshit,' vance says as he hides behind the trash can. bruce stops facing the trash can.
     'vance, i know you're there. i need to talk to you,' he explains.
     'yeah well he doesn't want to talk to you,' robin says awfully jealous about the rumours going around that bruce was dating fin.
     'no, robin. it's ok, i'll meet you inside,' vance says revealing himself from the trash can. robin opens the door to go inside.
     'look vance,' bruce looks inside to see if robins ease dropping on them. 'i feel horrible about everything that happened, and i.. i love you.' vance doesn't say anything.
     'what about finney?' he asks.
     'what? oh, we aren't dating everyone just assumes we are because he wants to keep talking about donna and rob— stuff.' bruce explains.
     'you could have anyone you want,' vance says pointing to the group of teenage girls giggling while waving to bruce. 'why would you want to be with me? i'm nothing special.' vance asks leaving bruce quiet.
     'well that's a silly question,' bruce laughs nervously. he gulps.
     'well? answer it.' vance demands.
     'it's because, i love you. and you'll always be my first boyfriend, but i can see now.. we just won't work out,' he wipes his tears with his arm and looks at vance with a smile. 'i hope we can still be friends.' bruce starts walking away. vance's eyes start tearing up but he refuses for the tears to fall by clenching his fists.
     'bye bruce,' he says with a croaky voice.
     'bye vance, oh and, you are special.' bruce continues walking away.
     'wait!' vance yells out after him. bruce looks back. 'i bought a one way ticket to love, and you were my final destination.' bruce smiles even though his face is tear stained. vance chuckles a bit.
     'i'll see you around vance.' bruce waves goodbye.
     'yeah bruce,' vance smiles. 'do you wanna join us for milkshakes? i think you need to explain all of the finney stuff to him anyway.'
     'yeah, sure,' bruce chuckles as he runs back to vance. vance opens the door wide and extends his arm out, then he winks at bruce.
     'after you your highness.'

word count; 859
sorry guys! i'm just feeling a little silly today 😱.
P.S. this is it, no happy ending this time, unless you consider this a happy ending?