8.0

'so i was thinking,' bruce say's to vance as vance's concentration is on the convenient store pinball machine. 'what if we go to the halloween party?' bruce asks him.
'yeah no way, our parents will never let us do that,' vance mentions. 'and besides they only have those parties to get drunk. and honesty i don't wanna do underage drinking.'
'you're so boring,' bruce complains. 'fine, but don't expect me to buy you your favourite candy,' bruce tried manipulating him.
'you don't even know my favourite candy,' vance reminds him as he concentrates on his game.
'woah vance, you're gonna beat your score!' bruce goes up to him.
'yeah, well third time's a charm.' vance replies, side smiling. bruce goes up at the front to pay for his snacks and when he comes back he see's vance screaming yes.
'did you win?' bruce asks him as he hands him a few bags of candy.
'i didn't win bruce, you don't technically win in pinball. you just get a score and try and bet your old score or other peoples score. so really you don't win.' vance hits bruce with his knowledge of pinball. 'but thanks, it was pretty cool.' vance blushes at the compliment making bruce chuckle.
     'ok come on, let's go!' bruce runs out of the store making vance run after him.
     'where are we going?' he asks. 'and why are we running?'
     'we need to get victory sundaes and it looks like it's about to rain,' bruce stops running so vance can catch up. 'you do like sundaes, no?'
     'yeah of course i like sundaes. but it's not really a big deal or anything,' vance pants out of breath.
     'well you're getting one, c'mon!' bruce starts sprinting again making vance groan.

     'i'm probably gonna get vanilla, i really like that flavour,' bruce says.
     'vanilla is literally the most basic flavour, get something fun. like bubblegum, that's what i'm getting. it's gonna have chocolate drizzle, rainbow sprinkles, whipped cream, and a cherry on top.' vance smiles at bruce's shock about the vanilla being basic.
     'that's really specific, you go here a lot?' bruce asks.
     'yeah,' he replies. 'oh hey tod can you get our order?' he asks the boy at the other table, his hair is black and he had curtain bangs, his eyes are green and his skin is pale.
     'the usual?' he asks vance getting out his pen a and notepad.
     'yeah, and a vanilla,' vance says pointing to bruce.
     'coming right up,' he replies.
     'thanks!' vance smiles and looks back at bruce who looks pretty shocked.
     'i guess that answers my question then,' bruce grabs vance's menu and puts them on the side of the red marble table. 'this is a pretty cool sundae place though,' bruce adds.

     the sundae place has red marble tables and red puffy chairs at every booth, and if it wasn't a booth it was a wooden chair with the same material on the seat. in the middle of the diner they had glass walls shaped into a pentagon, there were a bunch of colourful fish in it. the room was dark and had purple lights like a bowling ally.

     'you're really hungry or something,' bruce says as he watches vance scooping mountain fulls of ice cream and shoving them into his mouth one after another.
     'if i eat my sundae under 5 minutes i don't have to pay for it,' he says shoving more spoonfuls in his mouth.
     'oh, ok.. just calm down you might get a brain freeze,' bruce says without realizing.
     'awh brucey cares about me!' vance chuckles.
     'of course i do?' bruce tries acting it out. but secretly he's embarrassed and he can feel his face heat up.
     'it's cause you love me,' vance makes fun of him.
     'grow up!' bruce shouts, loud enough for some of the other people to look at them. vance starts cracking up and probably everyone thought they were psycho. 'sorry about him,' bruce apologized to everyone.

word count; 665
i know i said ima post a bunch of chapters but half of them are just gonna be 'moments' this is like the only chapter chapter 💀