Chapter three

We got to my work place, rather than him just dropping me in front he drove into the parking  lot
    "You know you could have dropped me in front, you don't really have to drive all this way"
    "Oh I actually do, this is after all my destination"
    His destination? You've got to be kidding me
    "Did u get a job here?
    "Yeah, I actually did....surprise"
    My face immediately turned sour, of all the place he could get a job it had to be here.
    "It's there something wrong, you don't seem happy about this"
    "Oh me, I am happy....I'm just a little bit shocked, I guess your surprise worked" I laughed lightly while quickly readjusting my face.
    " oh that's good to know, for a moment there I thought u were upset"
    "What? Nonsense. We better be heading up, you don't want to be late on your first day
    I was glad I didn't work on the same floor with Gabriel that way I wouldn't have to see him. Why must everything get so complicated, first he was my neighbor and now my coworker! You've got to be kidding me. How comfortable must we be before the universe realizes I actually like the guy.... I can't fall for my coworker. Wait I just said I liked the guy, do I really?

    It was finally time to go home, peace at last until
    "Hey sofia, you are heading home now let me drop you off" came Gabriel's voice
    "Sure why not "
    As we were heading towards the elevator , someone else called my name, it was my boss ;
Eugene  daniels   
    "Miss Sofia"
    "Yes sir?"
    "Don't go yet I have something to give to you"
    " I'll wait here for you, go" said Gabriel who seemed slightly upset
   I headed to my bosses office, on getting there he handed me some files and asked me to look into them and see if I could reorganize them for him. Surprisingly these were the files I sorted out this afternoon only more disorganized than before like it was intentional.
    My boss, another incredibly good looking guy even more good looking than gabriel. He was thirty five years old, ten years older than I was. You could sense he was fit even underneath that suit, chiseled jaw, amazing light blue eyes, hair slicked backwards, neat and very organized which makes me know the file thing was intentional. Anyone could fall for this guy's good looks, his speech and everything about him but not me. I've worked way too long as his secretary to know he was a nice guy but not a good guy. He was confident and classy, he seemed to have an aura of power and dominance, anyone could sense that
    "What relationship do you have with Gabriel Bryson?"
    "Excuse me?" I asked in shock
    " He only started working here today, you are already going home with him so it makes me wonder how you two know each other ?"
    Gabriel wearing a suit today was nothing, now my boss is digging into my business like a jealous lover lol, today couldn't get any stranger.
    "He's actually my neighbor, so it's not strange he would offer me a ride"
    "If you wanted a ride you could have asked me. I don't like you being around the guy, you should be more careful" he said quietly
    I made no fuss in order to not lengthen the conversation , just said okay and left immediately surprised by his strange behavior. Gabriel was still waiting for me at the front of the elevator and we both headed down to the parking lot.

    Gabriel opened the door for me once more and I took my sit as he went round and did the same.
    "How come you work as a secretary if you have a computer science degree?"
    First of all, how does he know I have a computer science degree and second how did he even know I worked here?
    " When I came here looking for a job, they weren't really hiring so I just took anything they offered and I felt so comfortable I didn't even feel like looking for a different job" I replied, ignoring the fact that he knew more than I knew he did.
    "I see, we'll I don't like you working as a secretary when you are obviously meant for better"
    We drove silently for a while and Gabriel decided to speak again
    "Hey, so I was planning on making some Mac and cheese, care to join me for dinner tonight?"He said smiling at me a little
    Me and Gabriel barely speak and now his asking me to have dinner with him at his place,I do want to have dinner with him and get closer but wasn't this sudden?
    "Of course why not" I said not wanting to pass of the opportunity