Chapter twelve

"Is there something wrong" mr Daniels asked as he drove me home from work, he clearly saw I was lost in thought, I was thinking about Gabriel and how without a care in the world asked me such.
    " oh nothing, just had a long day" I replied
    "Well then you should get a lot of rest when I drop you off"

     Ring ring went my phone, I picked it up to see who was calling, you could guess who.... It was Gabriel. I ignored his call and wiped the thought of him from my head, I didn't want to give him a chance to sip back into my life and ruin everything I was now.
    An hour later, I heard my doorbell ring. It was probably Gabriel, this late. I went to the door and looked through the eyehole, it was definitely him. I decided I would ignore him until he said
    " Sophia.... Please open the door, I know you are there" he called my name like he used to, like it was the old Gabriel. I fought the urge to open the door but I couldn't put up much fight as I opened the door and found him looking straight into my eyes. He came in and I shut the door, we stayed close to the door just in case I needed to kick him out.
    " Sophia.... You are mad at me aren't you"
    " I don't think about you enough to be angry at you". For the past few months, I didn't actually think about him until I saw him today.
    "Whether or not you'll admit it, I'm sorry"
    I looked the other way so I wouldn't have to see his eyes. He moved closer to me like he was invading my space, I moved away from him as got nearer until there was no more room for me to move, I had reached the wall. Now that I was cornered he moved even closer and put his right hand on the wall, beside my face. He moved so close that his body was on mine as he looked down on me from his height.
    "What are you doing" I asked but not pushing him away, part of me wanted this to go on, I wanted to see where this was heading even though it was crystal clear.
    He put his left hand on the side of my face as he pressed his body closer against mine and I could feel warmth. He placed his forehead on mine and he light breathed on me, I unconsciously opened my mouth and did the same. He pressed his body even closer as my legs began to move apart, I could feel him hard. He drew his lips near mine and inhaled all the air from my mouth as his eyes pierced mine, this turned me on. We kissed me passionately as he motioned his waist back and forth so I could be turned on even more. Our tongues met and our lips moved rhythmically as my hand now caressed his back. I enjoyed this until I came back to reality, the reality where I was in love with Mr Daniels and only wanted to kiss him alone.
    " let's stop" I said as Gabriel continued to kiss me even when I had stopped to kiss him back.
    " what do you mean?" He said withdrawing his lips alone. I detached myself from him so I could give myself room. He turned around and looked at me inquisitively.
    " I'm in love with someone" I said without looking at his face, " this is very wrong and will only do nothing but hurt me and ruin a good thing for me, I don't want that so I can't continue with this nameless game" I now said while looking at his face.
    He was clearly upset, " is it him, Eugiene Daniels right, that guy?" He said slowly raising his voice.
   " yes that guy" I said with my voice very low so he could pay more attention to me speaking and less of him screaming.
    "What could he possibly give you that I can't, is it money, are you with him for the money" he said with his voice lower this time
    "For the money?" I was disgusted by what he said. Even though Mr Daniels had a lot of money, I wasn't with him for his money.
    "Yeah, what else" he said sounding more annoying
    "Security Gabriel, I never had to worry about where we stood because he always made me sure, he uses his actual words unlike you who asked me what I wanted and disappeared " I said with growing anger. "What were we to each other... I bet you have no idea either, I figured it out.... We were nothing" I continued
    His face became pale, he looked from side to side like he was looking for what to say.
    " you want to know why I left.... Well, your boyfriend is the reason" he said like he finally found the words. What was he saying now, no I didn't want to hear about it .
    " yeah that's right, your little security man threatened me, he told me I should live or he'll hurt you so for your own safety I left" as his facial expression changed, begging for empathy.
    "So why are you here, if I was gonna get hurt why are you here then.... You know what I don't want to hear anything coming from you again, please leave" I said pointing at the door for him to live and he did without making a fuss

    Mr Daniels was never the sought to do such nor has Gabriel ever lied to me or he probably didn't have a reason too yet. But then again if Gabriel was in the picture, I probably wouldn't e with Mr Daniels. Could he have possibly removed Gabriel from the picture? But such a threat sounded silly, didn't it? I asked myself pondering what Gabriel had told me, clearly the seed of doubt had been planted as I couldn't sleep for the rest of by he night.