Chapter thirteen

" You clearly didn't rest like I told you to" Mr Daniels said as he noticed I seemed more tired than I was yesterday. I spent the entire night thinking about Gabriel's words that anyone could tell I didn't sleep. Mr Daniels and I sat on a clothe in the park as we had a little picnic, I wasn't even eating, I was still lost in thought.
    "Hey do you want to go home? You don't seem too well" Mr Daniels said as he placed the back of his palm on my forehead to check my temperature.
    " don't worry I'm alright, I was just thinking about something" I said as I came back to reality
    "What are you thinking about?" Mr Daniels asked worry on his face
    "Did he tell Gabriel Bryson you'll hurt me if he didn't live" now that I said it aloud it sounded dumb
    "What! No, that's absurd" he laughed a little, do you think I'll do that?" He asked becoming serious
    " no" I said now ashamed
    " you should know I would never do anything of that nature just in case you start to doubt me"
    " well.... Do you know why he left" I asked him as his face turned sour
    "Why are you all of a sudden interested in Gabriel Bryson?" He asked defensively which was very unlike him
    "I just wanted to know.... Don't tell me you had something to do with him disappearing?" I asked evasively.
     He was silent for a while as he played with his fingers and pushed his hair backwards.
    " yes I did but...."
     I didn't even let him finish and I walked out on him. I didn't want to hear the rest, Gabriel was telling the truth after all.

   My phone rang the whole day and I didn't answer. I was mad because he went through blackmail just to have me, he even threatened to hurt me, this was not something he could do but here he was guilty.
    "Ding ding" rang my doorbell bell, I went over to check  and it was Mr Daniels at my door at 8:30pm. I opened the door ready to dismiss me.
     " Are you serious?it didn't take you up to a minute to decide I was the bad guy....now I wonder where your trust went to" He said clearly upset
    "What more do you have to say" I said trying to defend myself
    " I did have something to do with Gabriel living but hurting you was definitely not it" he said trying to be as clear as he could be. " I did want Gabriel to live, so I told him I'll fund the law firm he was planning to build if he left you alone so you wouldn't get distracted because clearly that's all he's been doing. He chose what I offered him over you, clearly showing you meant nothing to him, he chose to live without thinking twice about it, I didn't force him" he moved closer to hold my hands.
    " did you really have to make him offers just to have me" I said fearing I had done wrong by not listening earlier
    " Do you think you and Gabriel were ever heading somewhere? He was only distracting you from the real thing, me" He said and then I knew I had messed up
    " so what if I had threatened him, where you going to live me for a guy who didn't think twice about you?" he asked
    I was never going to do that, why was I making this an issue in the first place.
    "Why are you even making Gabriel an issue in the first place?...." he asked like he had read my mind. " are you in love with him" he said detaching his hands from mine like he was ready to let me go, he looked at me like his eyes were demanding for an answer.
    I was only in love with one person and that was Mr Daniels. But why was a making the issue a whole thing, was I in love with Gabriel or was I just curious about what we would have been if Mr Daniels didn't give him a reason to live, why wasn't I ready to accept we were nothing and couldn't be anything?.
    " your silence says it all" Mr Daniels said as he walked out of my house and i did nothing to stop him.
    Not long after, Gabriel showed up at my door to talk to me.
    "You lied" I said folding my arms but not looking at him as I stepped outside to meet him
     "I did and I'm sorry, I thought that saying that would make you live Mr Daniels, I thought I could get you back.... I was also afraid you'll hate me more for choosing money over you" He said with genuity in his eyes
    "....But I'm here now, I figured I didn't need anyone to tell me to stay away from you, I want you and that's why I'm here.... I love you sofia, choose me so we could be together" He said, continuing, "you now know where we stand so it's up to you"
    " choose carefully sofia.... Who is it going to be" came Mr Daniels voice, he didn't live after Al all, he was just right at the corner
    I had both men with demanding eyes waiting for an answer, I appeared to be in a struggle. Why couldn't I have them both so I wouldn't have to choose, why wasn't it as easy as I thought, choosing one and forgetting about the other. No matter how long or hard I pondered, I could only have one.

    I chose him, the one my heart belonged to. We laid down on his bed on a hot Sarturday afternoon barely clothed with his hands on my hair, playing with it just like the way I liked it, in his condo.

                             THE END