Chapter five

I woke up and left for work earlier than I normally did, so Gabriel couldn't drive me to work. I did not stop thinking about the previous night, I can't even look him in the eye now that everything is this awkward. I wanted to think about the pleasure but the shame couldn't let me enjoy that, the worse part is I'll meet him at work .
"Miss Carter....miss Carter....Sofia....Sofia!!"Mr Daniels called my name loudly so I could snap out of my daydream.
"Yes sir" I immediately responded as soon as I came back to reality
" Is everything alright? You seem drained"
"Oh no everything is alright"
"Well then where are the files I asked you to organize yesterday" he said a little pushy
" I um ah....." I said remembering I didn't touch the files at all last night. I was too busy thinking about Gabriel.
" you clearly didn't do what I asked. You aren't usually this incompetent, I ask again are you alright"
" yes sir I am, I'm so sorry it slipped my mind but I promise you'll have them by tomorrow morning "
He left my desk with dissatisfaction in his face, I wasn't shocked because I had seen the expression way too many times.

Working hours came to an end but not without everyone noticing something was up with me.
" Sofia...." Gabriel called behind me as I was about to enter the elevator. I felt my stomach cringe, this was it, the moment I had been dreading all along.
".... I didn't see you this morning and now you're about to live without me" he continued
" I just had something to do here early this morning so I couldn't wait" I lied as I turned to face him but not look him in the eye, I kept my face towards him but never to his eyes.
" I see, then let's go home together" he said
" I'm afraid not Mr Bryson....I'll be dropping Miss Carter off today" came Mr Daniels's voice to Gabriel.
Saved. I would rather sit quietly and uncomfortably in my boss's car all the way home today than sit with Gabriel.
"Are you going with him today?" Gabriel asked me with a gloomy face
"Yes,....yes I am" I said trying to sound like I wanted to.
He turned and left immediately, I felt I had hurt him and guilt quickly slipped into my heart.

Mr Daniels and I didn't live immediately, he had some things to clear up but as soon as we were done we headed to the parking lot. He opened the door of his Mercedes Benz GLC-class for me and held my hand as I took my seat. He went around and took his own seat.
" something happened between you two....you wouldn't have followed me just like that and I'm very sure that has something to do with your mood today, I'm I right?"
" you are not wrong" I said reluctantly
" did he lay his hands on you" he asked with upset in his voice
" non that I didn't want" I said immediately regretting it
He seemed enraged but somehow he kept his cool. He ran his palm over his hair to make it even slicker, he clearly wasn't looking at me maybe to not make me uncomfortable.
"Do you want to talk about what happened between you two" he said concerned
" no" I replied as I glanced at him briefly
"Do you want him" he said looking at me this time
"Not anymore" I said looking at my palms resting on my laps with a little shame
"Good" he said firmly and then starts the car and we headed out .