(Chapter XXI) Geno.

Chara and Gaster are fighting it out in the void. The sound of ravaging echoes through the space of nothingness. One shall stand, one shall fall.

CHR: Pretentious bastard, die already!
GST: Sorry Chara, but I can't simply die right now.
CHR: Then suffer!
*SLASH*

The fight is being carried on. Gasters void powers are an equal match to Charas determination. Every blow they throw only makes the space around them emptier and emptier. The console looms above.

CHR: Why are you so obsessed with getting out anyway?! Noone remembers you.
GST: Glad you asked. I desire to leave because I jave some unfinished bussiness I have to tend to.
CHR: What is it with scientists and their mysterious plans?! Good thing alphys didn't take anything from your perspective.
GST: Alphys? I'm suprised she was the one whom carried on my legacy. I was expecting Sans to do so.
CHR: Sans?! That lazy comedian?! He wouldn't do his chores if his life depended on it!
GST: Seems he's gotten rather lazy after my sudden departure. I'll be sure to speak with him when I get back to the real world.
CHR: In your dreams!

Blasters fire, knives are thrown, and the battle seems to go on indefinitely. Meanwhile, meadows off of Home, you are inching closer to your objective.

RHT: Only so far now.
CHAR: It's been quite the journey! It's baffling to think we've travelled 3 provinces so far.
RHT: We have many more to go, but it's important we take this one step at a time.
CHAR: You're so smart Rhett, I envy you.
RHT: Get your stinkin thoughts out of my head.
CHAR: *hmph* Well okay then, if you dont want my company then so be it!
RHT: Rest for awhile, it's good for you.

Charoline drifts away into slumber and you're left alone again, but you prefer it alone. The home is only so far now. Your next victim awaits. Back in the void, Chara and Gaster are still battling it out.

GST: You think I'd listen to such a request?!
CHR: It's the best solution to our dilemma, crazed doctor!
GST: Don't call me that! As if I'd compromise with your youth!
CHR: Staggered in your own emotions. I'll knock sense into you!

Chara dashes forward but is interrupted by a sudden earthquake. Gaster catches her hand and pulls her back onto her feet.

CHR: What was that?!
GST: Shit! It's here.
CHR: Who's here?!
GST: Enigma.
CHR: Who the hell is enigma?!
GST: It's a monster that inhabits the void and snatches up poor souls who stumble upon in.
CHR: How do we defeat it?
GST: I don't know. I've ran away each time I've encountered it. It's energy is simply too much.
CHR: What a coward! I'll destroy this thing!
*SLASH*
ENG: *ROAR*
*BOOM*
CHR: That oughta teach him!
ENG: *BREATHE*
CHR: Huh?!
ENG: *ROAR*
GST: Watch out!
*BLAST*
CHR: Thanks for saving me! This thing is sure strong!
GST: What did I tell you?! Now quick! Run!
CHR: Copy that.

Chara and Gaster get up and start running from the abomination. That thing takes the form of gel and is made up of an unknown gooey substance. Chara and Gaster manage to make some distance but the monster seems to be angered.

CHR: Is it always this angry?!
GST: No, it's not!

They continue to run until the monster catches up to them both, extending its tentacles and grabbing them both. They attempt to break free but fail.

CHR: Shit! Gaster, you got a plan?!
GST: Not necessarily!
CHR: Then do it! Trust me!
GST: What?! I won't do such an act!
CHR: Unless you want to become void poop then do it! Take my hand!
GST: I can't believe I'm doing this. Let's do it!

The both of them stretch their arms as much as they can, connecting their hands. The monster raises them up to its mouth. It lets out a growl and consumes them both. Suddenly, a red and black light can be seen from inside the monster.
*BLAST*
A huge beam blasts from inside the monster. From the smoke, emerges a new life form.

 From the smoke, emerges a new life form

The new life form looks at the monster pitifully

The new life form looks at the monster pitifully. Floating above it makes them look superior, which angered the monster even more, throwing its tentacles at them. In a flash, the tentacles were cut into a million pieces. Enigma backs up.

GNO: Our name is Geno, and we're gonna rock your shit! *sigh* Please Chara, act more mature.

Geno raises their knife in the air. Void energy starts accumulating into the knife. It bears a red glow.

The ground underneath enigma illuminates

The ground underneath enigma illuminates. Countless knives stab enigma and immobilize it. Slowly, the ground consumes the monster until it is completely gone. Geno descends and lands on the floor.

CHR: How are we gonna get out of the void?
GST: It'll take time but your determination and my goner powers should be enough to open a gate into the real world.
CHR: How long will it take?
GST: I don't have a solid prediction but it will take time for sure.
CHR: Alright. Let's not spend anymore time.

Chara and Gaster, fused as one, work together to free themselves from the endless void.

End of Chapter XXI
"Geno"