(Chapter XXXIV) Time Lord.

New light shines throughout the battlefield. Before you is a god... a god of time. As he levitates graciously above, you are left trembling below at the sight of him, but you power through it. You manage to pick up your blade and stand back on your feet.

RHT: Soularia, huh? What a strong power!
GAL: Don't speak as if you understand its capabilities.
RHT: Useless.

You charge at Gall at full speed but he knees you in the stomach, causing you to cough blood. You use kindness to help with the wounds but they are too severe to battle heal. You throw projectiles at him, but they are stopped midair and redirected somewhere else entirely. You are outmatched in every combat aspect. You dash towards him again trying to at least get a hit in but you just can't. He summons a storm of arrows directed at you. You manage to stop a couple but there are too many. Your breathing gets funny, your heart is pounding, your blood is dripping onto the floor.

GAL: You've reached your limit, Rhett.
RHT: No... no... NO!

You use the last of your power to stand back on your feet. You pick up your knife and firm the grip tightly in your hand. Gall stares you down. You attack one last time... Gall doesn't counter. He lets you attack him. You're face to face with him.
*SLASH*
...
*BREAK*
Your knife crumbles into pieces. It couldn't withstand the sheer strength his soularia gave off. You fall down to your knees. Gall summons his bow. He aims it at your soul. You're powerless. He lets go... the arrow pierces through your soul. Your body drops down to the ground. You've lost. A calm voice reaches out.

CHAR: Are you really about to give up that easily?
RHT: I can't defeat him. He's too strong.
CHAR: Hmph! Foolish words! You can defeat him!
RHT: I appreciate you trying to lighten my mood Charoline but... I'm dead.
CHAR: No Rhett. Your soul is still very much alive. It will only die once you fully give up.
RHT: Maybe I should. It's obvious I've met my match.
CHAR: What nonsense! Have you forgotten why you started this journey?
RHT: You're right Charoline. I just don't know how to defeat him.
CHAR: What about soularia?
RHT: What about it?
CHAR: Use it. It'll be enough to beat him.
RHT: I can't use soularia! My soul is nowhere near perfect. It's not like his.
CHAR: But it is! Your soul is pure Despair! That's the only condition to activate soularia. Your soul has ascended into a higher power.
RHT: That's true. Thanks Charoline.
CHAR: *pfff* Don't mention it!

You move your hand and push your chest off the ground. Gall turns around and looks at you.

RHT: Soularia is a powerful skill, I have to say!
GAL: You're still alive?
RHT: I'm glad you showed me it! It can come in real handy in situations like this!
GAL: You speak as if you've achieved soularia.
RHT: You've guessed right. :)

End of Chapter XXXIV"Time Lord"

"Time Lord"