(Chapter 118) Touch of Darkness.

You look confused at what stands in front of you, but nonetheless get ready for battle.

RIQ: It's been a long time since I've had the chance to battle with such a strong opponent.
RHT: You are mistaken. This fight is already over. You can't win again-
*WHOOSH*

Suddenly, someone else appears behind you, swinging their sword. You realize in time and turn around, blocking the strike just barely. They're pushed back and stand close with the shadow figure.

RIQ: Why did you have to come?!
CSM: Shut up, Riqu.
RIQ: Can't you let me have some fun, Cosmin?!
CSM: You'd end up destroying the entire district.
RIQ: *grunt* Fine, I'll let you fight beside me.

Now that you look at them side by side, they resemble each other but one of them has this aura of purity while the other rots of evil.

CSM: Harbinger, let us take this elsewhere.
RHT: I think here is quite fine. I'd love to give the others an example.
CSM: Sorry, but that wasn't a request. Riqu, do it.
RIQ: With pleasure!

The world around you is engulfed in darkness

The world around you is engulfed in darkness. You lose sight of your enemy.

RHT: (The air has changed. We must be in a new place entirely. I have to be careful!)

You feel multiple hands sprout from the darkness behind. You turn and slice them all into pieces. Something grabs both your legs and trips you on the ground. A distorted face reveals itself looking down on you. It stares into your eyes. You grab your blade and slice it in half. You stand back up.

RHT: Pesky darkness.
RIQ: Haaaa~

You feel Riqus' breath on the back of your neck.

RHT: Ignite.

Your blade bursts into hellfire, illuminating the surrounding area. You can see more then before now. A voice can be heard in the distance.

CSM: Why do all of this? Why kill everyone?
RHT: You don't understand my objectives.
CSM: There must be a reason to your doing... but does it justify your actions enough?
RHT: I don't care if they're justified by your terms. They will be justified in the new world order I'll create, a world with no death and misery.
CSM: Where have I heard that one before..? Oh right, your predecessor of evil, Bette Noire. They convinced you to do all of this, didn't they?
RHT: Noire is my ally and my actions are decided by my will alone. Your words won't work on me.
CSM: I see. In that case, instead of words, I'll have to resort to using actions.
RHT: Let's just end this qui-
CSM: Shining slash.

A bright light appears in the distance.

End of Chapter 118
"Touch of Darkness"

[ Rhett and her opponents have been cast into another dimension, where there is no light. ]