6. What Team?

[Avni: Homecoming night was a whirlwind of emotions- from that little moment with EJ and the way he looked in that suit (oof) and then him dismissing anything romantic between us- but it was all behind me now. It's picture day- and honestly, I'm ready for the pink, but never for the low-rise jeans. Who thought that was a good idea?]

"Yes, Avni!" Everyone clapped and cheered as Avni walked on stage, wearing the Sharpay outfit for the first time ever.

She grinned and twirled for everyone, basking in the attention, complimenting everyone else and Kourtney over their costumes.

"Let's get some air Wildcats!" Gina came in, posing in front of the camera.

"Good morning, Gina," Ricky said to her.

She giggled when she saw him. "Pretty hair, right?" Ricky asked her.

High-fiving him, she said, "Troy you look, the best."

"Thanks, I try," he replied, flicking his hair again.

Avni narrowed her eyes at the energy there- and the fact that their hands were still clasped. She caught Nini's eye and she knew Nini was thinking the same thing as her.

What's happening there?

♡♡♡♡♡

"Gina looked pretty cosy with Ricky earlier, huh?" EJ asked Avni while everyone was waiting for Miss Jenn and Carlos to show up for rehearsal. Gina was currently laughing at something with Big Red and Kourtney, before Big Red walked over to Ricky.

"Yeah. Maybe something happened after homecoming?"

EJ hummed in response.

Avni looked up at him. "Wait are you actually upset over this?"

"I just don't get how I keep losing girls to Ricky."

"That's mildly objectifying. Plus, you and Gina were never dating. And I'm positive you didn't go to homecoming with her without an ulterior motive."

EJ was quiet for a moment. "I suppose so," he said. "But that fight was so public- people keep asking me about it."

Avni snorted, which caused EJ to scoff and shake his head.

"What? It was such a power move on Gina's part."

"Glad to know you're impressed, I guess."

♡♡♡♡♡

"What's going on with you and Gina?" Avni asked Ricky as they sat in Big Red's basement.

"What do you mean?" he played dumb.

"You guys looked comfy earlier."

"You and EJ looked comfy too," Ricky retorted.

"When have we not been comfy?"

"You're not dating."

Ouch.

"You've had four years to tell him-"

"He's always had girlfriends and I don't think he likes me like that."

"How do you know?"

"I just do- look, this isn't about me. This is about Ricky and Gina and their new-found thing."

"There's no thing. We just had sort of a moment after homecoming," he stated, but his cheeks were slightly flushed.

Avni and Big Red exchanged looks.